Some Windows 10 and windows 11 users are complaining about an issue they are currently facing with the WiFi on their Windows 10 devices in the forum. According to them, they are unable to connect to the WiFi when the computer wakes up from sleep or hibernation state. If you are facing the similar kind of issue at your end, there is no need to worry. Follow the fix described in this article and the problem will be solved very easily. But, before you make any changes to your computer, you should consider following these initial workarounds primarily to check if they offer any simpler aid to the problem.
1. Try restarting your computer. After rebooting your device, check if the computer is able to connect to the WiFi.
2. Check if any Windows Update is pending or not.
If any of these workarounds didn’t work out for you, try this solution
Fix 1 – Modify Power Management status of the network adapter-
Modifying Power management settings of the network adapter has worked out for many Windows users. Follow these easy steps to do the same-
1. At first, right-click on the Windows icon and then click on “Device Manager” to open the Device Manager window.
2. When you see the Device Manager windows has opened, simply click on the “Network adapters”.
4. Next, go to the “Power Management” tab, uncheck the option “Allow the computers to turn off this device to save power“.
5. Then, click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Close Device Manager window.
4. Now, you have to press the ‘Windows key+R‘ together to open the Run window. Once the Run window has opened copy-paste this command and hit Enter–
5. In the Power Options window, click on “Wireless Adapter Settings” to expand it and then click on “Power Saving Mode” to expand it again.
6. Now, click on “On battery:” and set it to “Maximum performance” from the drop-down list. Set “Plugged in:” to “Maximum Performance” also.
7.. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Reboot your computer to let the changes take effect. After rebooting the problem should be solved on your device.
Fix 2 – Create a bat file to restart Network adapter
1. Press Windows key + S together to open windows search.
2. Search Notepad and open Notepad.
3. Now, copy and paste the following lines given below in the notepad.
netsh interface set interface "Wi-Fi" disable netsh interface set interface "Wi-Fi" enable
4. Save the file as restartwifi.bat
Don’t forget to select All files in Save as type dropdown while saving the file.
5. Right click on restartwifi.bat you just created and create a shortcut.
6. Now, right click on the shortcut and click on properties.
7. Click on Advanced, Check Run as administrator.
8. Click on OK, Again click on Apply and OK and close all the windows.
9. Now, click on this Every time after sleep to connect to WiFi.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.