When your system drive runs out of space, you might want to consider moving the apps from the system drive to some other drive in order to speed up your system by a bit. There are options available to change the default installation folder of apps in your Windows 10. In this article, I have explored the steps through which you can move an already installed app from one location to another one, even to an external drive. But note that you can’t move the traditional desktop applications or programs this way. Read on, to learn how to move the store apps or other installed apps from one location to another with the execution of a very few number of steps.
Also read: How to delete unused files in windows 10
- First of all, click on Settings app by launching the Start menu.
- From the options that are listed in the Settings app, find and click on the one that says System.
- Execution of the previous step opens up a new window for System settings. From the left pane of the System window, click on the option named Apps & features. In the right pane of the window, you have various options to view the installed apps. You can type and search for an app, you can sort the apps based on their sizes, you can choose to see apps in a particular drive etc. I have chosen to view all the apps on all the drives as shown in the screenshot below.
- Now from the list of apps, click on the one that you want to move to a different location. Then click on the move button.
- A small window pops open and it tells you where the selected app is currently installed on. It also lets you choose a new location for your app. In the given screenshot, I have chosen to move my app to a USB drive. Once you are done, click on Move button.
- Now if you have a look, you can see a message that says Moving right below the selected app. That’s it. Sit back and relax. Your app will be moved to the new location as per your preference.
So, that’s it. This is how you can take total control over the installation of new applications in your Windows 10. Hope you have fun moving apps or programs around the system. Come back for more, as there is always something new waiting.
Someone who is in love with writing and technical tricks & tips.