You may notice that when you unplug your laptop from power connection, the screen dims automatically and you have to manually adjust the brightness of the screen. This can be very annoying if you plug/unplug your device frequently. You can disable this feature on your computer very easily.
Method-1 Change Display Power Saving Technology-
Changing the power saving technology settings will stop this problem.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window on your computer.
2. Now, type “Control Panel” and then hit Enter to open Control Panel window.
3. In the Control Panel window, on the top-right corner, click on the search box and then type “intel“.
4. Now, click on “Intel HD Graphics” which will appear in the search results.
5. In the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel window, click on “Power” settings to modify it.
6. In the Power settings window, on the left-hand side of the window, click on “On Battery“.
7. Now, under ‘Display Power Saving Technology‘ the settings, click on “Disable” to disable it.
8. Finally, at the rightmost corner click on “Apply” to apply the settings on your computer.
Close Intel HD Graphics Control Panel window.
Fix-2 Disable battery from Device Manager-
Disabling battery devices on your computer will solve this issue.
Disabling the battery devices on your system will remove the battery icon (showing charge percentage) from the Taskbar and will disable other power options.
1. Press Windows key+X and then click on “Device Manager“.
Device Manager window will be opened.
2. In the Device Manager window, click on “Batteries” to expand it.
3. Then, right-click on the second battery device “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant”
4. Finally, click on the “Disable device” to disable the battery.
This way disable all the battery devices under ‘Battery‘.
Note: – If it does not work, enable it and try disabling the other one in the list.
Now you will see there is no battery icon on the Taskbar and all the power options disabled.
The laptop screen won’t be dimming further upon unplugging it from power.
Your problem should be solved.
If you want to re-enable the battery devices on your computer, follow these steps-
1. To open the Device Manager window, press Windows key+X and then click on “Device Manager“.
2. In the Device Manager window, again expand “Batteries“.
3. Now, right-click on the disabled device and then click on “Enable device” to enable it on your computer.
Following this process (step-3) you can enable the battery devices again on your computer.