Is your system slowing down due to less free RAM? You can effectively increase the amount of RAM without purchasing another RAM stick! Yes, there is a term called ‘Virtual RAM’ which effectively increases the amount of RAM on your computer. In this article, we are going to elaborate on the process of how to create and limit the amount of RAM on your computer. Follow this step-by-step guide and in the end, enjoy the expanded RAM and a lag-free computer.
How to increase RAM in Windows 10
Follow these easy steps-
1. Press Windows key+R to open Run window on your computer.
2. In Run window, type “sysdm.cpl” and then hit Enter to open System Properties.
3. In System Properties window, go to the Advanced” tab.
4. Under the Performance‘ tab, click on “Settings“.
5. In the Performance Options window, no go to the “Advanced” tab.
6. Now, in the option ‘Adjust for best performance of:‘ settings to “Programs“.
7. Now, under the ‘Virtual memory‘ section, click on “Change” to change paged file size change.
8. In the Virtual Memory window, uncheck the option “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives“.
Now, you can decide any storage option (Windows drive/ SSD drive) to utilize as paged file resources.
(Our suggestion is to choose the Windows partition to get the best outcome.)
11. Now, to create customized paging size for the drive, follow these steps-
12. Select “C:” drive.
13. Click on “Custom size“.
14. Now, set the ‘Initial size’ to “24576” (Equivalent of 24GB).
15. Similarly, set the Maximum size at “32768” (Equivalent of 32GB).
16. Click on “Set” to set it.
17. If you see a warning message, click on “Yes” to confirm the change.
18. Click on “OK“.
19. In the Performance Options window, click on “Apply” and then click on “OK” to save the changes.
20. Finally, click on “Apply” and then on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Now you have successfully increased the virtual RAM of your system.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.