While running a network diagnostics to solve a non-connectivity issue, troubleshooter may throw up “Computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource is not responding” error message. To solve this issue, follow these easy fixes on your computer.
Fix-1 Set the IPv4 settings to automatic-
Setting IPv4 settings to automatic will solve this issue.
1. Click on the Search box beside Windows icon and type “Network connections“.
2. In the elevated search result, click on “View network connections“.
Network Connections window will be opened. You will see the list of adapters available.
4. Right-click on the network adapter you are facing trouble with and then click on “Properties“.
4. Now, under the section ‘This connection uses the following items:‘, scroll down and then double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)“.
5. In Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window click on “Obtain an IP address automatically“.
6. Next, select “Obtain DNS server address automatically“.
7. Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Close Network Connections window.
Reboot your computer to save the changes on your computer.
Fix-2 Flush the DNS configuration-
1.Press Windows Key+R to launch Run.
2. Type “cmd” in Run window and hit “Enter“.
2. Now, copy-paste these two commands in the Command Prompt window and then hit Enter to execute these commands sequentially.
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
3. Now, copy-paste this command in Command Prompt window and hit Enter.
Wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
Try to connect to the website, check the problem is still there or not.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.