Are you unable to find the bluetooth option in the Action Center menu or in the Device Manager and you are in desperate need of solution? If the answer of this question is “Yes” then you are in the right place. In this article we are going to discuss about the issue of sudden disappearance of bluetooth from the Action Center of your computer. So, go through this article and attempt the fixes on your computer very minutely, your problem will be fixed very quickly. But before going ahead to the main solutions, don’t forget to attempt these workarounds initially to try out some simpler and shorter solution for your problem.
1. If you are experiencing this kind of problem for the first time on your computer, reboot your computer.
2. Check if the Windows is updated or not. If Windows is not updated, let Windows download and install the update in your system. Check if you can see the bluetooth option in the Action Center.
If these workarounds didn’t improve the situation go for these solutions on your computer-
Fix-1 Run SFC scan and DISM tool-
Running a SFC scan on your computer may fix this issue on your computer-
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run. Now, type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Click on “Yes” to grant access to the User Account Control (UAC). Command Prompt window will be opened with Administrative rights.
2. Now, type this command in Command Prompt window, and then hit Enter to execute it.
If you face any error during the execution of the above mentioned command, copy and paste this command in Command Prompt window and hit Enter to execute it.
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
[NOTE- Replace “C:” with the drive letter of the Windows installation directory on your computer.]
Wait for a while as SFC scan will take a while.
After the scanning process is complete, restart your computer.
3. After the computer boots up, again press Windows key+R to launch Run, and then type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Now, click on “Yes” to grant access to the User Account Control (UAC) to open Command Prompt window with Administrative rights.
4. In Command Prompt window, copy and paste these commands one by one in Command Prompt window and then hit Enter after each of these commands to execute them sequantially.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Wait for a while as DISM process also may take a while.
Reboot your computer once you have ran all the mentioned tests and scans. After rebooting the error should be fixed.
Fix-2 Check if your device is hidden-
Sometimes it may happen is that the bluetooth device is disabled on your computer and that is the reason it is hidden in Device Manager.
1. Press Windows key+ R to open Run window. Now, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter. Device Manager utility will open.
2. In the Device manager window, click on “View” on the menu bar. Now, click on “Show hidden devices“.
2. This will show the hidden drivers on your computer. Now, if you see the bluetooth device is “disabled” (It will carry a down arrow with the driver name), right click on the bluetooth driver and then click on “Enable“. The bluetooth driver will be enabled.
Restart your computer to save the changes on your computer. After rebooting check if you can see the bluetooth option on your computer or in Device Manager.
Fix-3 Uninstall every software related to bluetooth-
Uninstalling every software related to bluetooth and restarting your computer will fix the issue on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run, type “appwiz.cpl” and then hit Enter. Programs and Features window will be opened.
2. In Programs and Features window, scroll down through the list of installed applications, and double click on the application related to bluetooth to uninstall it.
3. After uninstalling the software, reboot your computer.
After rebooting your computer, the application related to bluetooth will be auto-installed. Your problem should be fixed.
Fix-4 Restart necessary bluetooth services-
1. Press Windows Key+R to launch Run, type “services.msc” and then hit Enter.
2. In Services window, scroll down to find out “Bluetooth Support Service” and right click on it, then click on “Restart“.
3. Now, after the service is restarted, double click on the “Bluetooth Support Service” to open its properties.
4. Now, in the Bluetooth Support Service Properties window, click on “Startup type:” and click on “Automatic” and then click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes.
Close Services window.
Reboot your computer to let the changes take effect. You should be able to found the bluetooth option either in Settings or in Device Manager.
Fix-5 Troubleshoot the problem-
1. Press Windows Key+ I to open Settings. Now, click on the “Update & Security“.
2. Now, click on “Troubleshoot” on the left hand side of the Settings window and then scroll down and click on “Bluetooth“. Now, click on “Run the troubleshooter” to run the troubleshooter.
3. Let the troubleshooter find and fix the bluetooth issues on your computer.
You may need to restart your computer to save the changes on your computer.
Fix-6 Update bluetooth driver-
Updating bluetooth driver will install the latest version of the bluetooth driver on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+ R to open Run. Now, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter. Device Manager utility will open.
2. In the Device Manager window, find “Bluetooth” from the list of drivers, click on it to expand see the list of bluetooth drivers. Now, from the drop-down options, select the driver which you are using . Right click on it and click on “Update driver“.
3. You will be asked “How do you want search for the drivers?“. Then, click on the option “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
Wait till Windows searches for compatible driver for your bluetooth driver, downloads it and installs it.
Reboot your computer to save the changes.
Fix- 7 Update USB drivers-
Updating the usb controllers have helped out some of the users. Update all the usb controller devices on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run. Now, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter. Device Manager window will be opened.
2. In Device Manager, expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and then right click on the first usb driver and click on “Update driver“.
3. Now, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
Wait for a while, as Windows will find the latest driver for your computer and install it.
Repeat the step-2 and step-3 for all the devices listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and then restart your computer to save the changes on your computer.
Fix-8 Reset your computer-
If any of the above mentioned fixes didn’t work out for, resetting your computer will surely help you out.
1. Press Windows key+I to open Settings. Now, scroll down and click on “Update & Security“.
2. In Update & Security settings, click on “Recovery” on the left pane. In the right pane, under Recovery option, in “Reset this PC“, click on “Get started“.
3. In Rest this PC window, choose “Keep my files” option.
4. Now, follow on-screen instructions to reset your computer.
Resetting your computer will remove some applications and settings on your computer. But, the issue you are facing with bluetooth will be fixed for sure. Your problem should be solved.
1. If the problem become consistent for you, you should think about using a bluetooth dongle on your computer.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.