If you are seeing an error message in Command Prompt stating “The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator.“, don’t worry. You can solve this problem simply by following this easy fix on your computer.
Fix- Edit Local Group Policy Editor-
You can enable Command Prompt access from the Local Group Policy Editor.
1. Type “Local Security Policy” in the search box.
2. Then, to access the Local Group Policy Editor, click on the “Local Security Policy“.
3. Then follow this path-
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System
4. What you need to next is to double click on the “Prevent access to the command prompt” policy.
5. In Prevent access to the command prompt window, select “Disabled“.
6. After that, you need to click on “Apply” and then click on “OK“.
Close Local Group Policy Editor window.
Try to open Command Prompt on your computer and it will work just fine as before.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.