If you are seeing an error message in Command Prompt stating “The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator.“, don’t worry. You can solve this problem simply by following this easy fix on your computer.
Fix- Edit Local Group Policy Editor-
You can enable Command Prompt access from the Local Group Policy Editor.
1. Press Windows key+R to open Run window on your computer.
2. In the Run window, type “gpedit.msc” and then hit Enter.
Local Group Policy Editor will be opened.
3. In the Local Group Policy Editor window, on the left-hand side, expand following headers-
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System
4. On the right-hand side, scroll down and then double click on the “Prevent access to the command prompt“.
6. In Prevent access to the command prompt window, select “Disabled“.
7. Now, click on “Apply” and then click on “OK” to save the change on your computer.
Close Local Group Policy Editor window.
Try to open Command Prompt on your computer and it will work just fine as before.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.