Chat Freely; End-to-End Encryption Feature Now Available In Whatsapp:- Have you ever thought about leaving Whatsapp just because your data isn’t private? Well, if you are one of those billion users who worry a lot about their privacy and security, there is good news for you. Whatsapp has now enabled the end-to-end encryption feature which helps you protect your privacy in a pretty advanced way. You just need to have an updated version of Whatsapp to take full advantage of this functionality. The encryption keys will be stored in your end device, that is the device that you use to access Whatsapp. Once encryption process is performed, not even Whatsapp will be able to decrypt and steal your messages. That is, your messages are safe and secure from hackers across the globe, from government organizations etc. Excited about this new super cool security feature? Wondering whether you have got it in your phone? Well, visit Playstore and update your Whatsapp to the latest version and then follow the steps given below to check if everything is in place.
- First of all, click on the More Actions icon at the top right corner of your Whatsapp screen. From the list of options that gets expanded out, click on the Settings option.
- Now click on the Account option.
- As next, click on Security option.
- If your Whatsapp is up-to-date, you will now be able to see a screen that looks somewhat like the one in the screenshot given below. This means that end-to-end encryption is enabled in your device.
- Now to check if your end-to-end encryption feature is in place as it claims to be, open a friend’s chat box who has updated his/her Whatsapp. See if you can see a notification as shown in the screenshot given below in your friend’s chat window.
- As an alternative method, you can click on the friend’s name to open his/her profile.
- You can see a newly added section named Encryption here as well. Tap on it to verify.
- Now a new dialog box pops up, which informs you that the texts and media that you send to this particular friend are encrypted. This encrypted information cannot be read by any third parties or even by Whatsapp. You can verify this feature by clicking on the Verify button.
- In the next page, you can verify the end-to-end encryption feature by scanning the QR code that is available in your friend’d device.
Why settle for something below the mark when you can have the best? Check out this feature today itself. Hope you had fun reading the article.
A girl so much in love with the idea of writing and learning new computer tricks!