Read Whatsapp Messages Without Sender Finding Out:- You are doing an important paperwork and that’s when your phone makes that little message arrival tone. You, in a reflex, presses on the notification bar and you loses it; your Whatsapp application opens up with the corresponding chat window. Now you know that you have no other choice but to give the sender a reply as the read receipt is already sent. If you do not send a reply, you will be pictured rude and ruthless. This can be quite an annoyance at times. You don’t want to be hated, of course. But you are not ready to compromise your efficient hours on chit chats either. Maybe you could use some of our Whatsapp read receipt tips here. Before that, for those of you who are not really used to the whatsapp message status indication conventions, let me give you a little introduction. A single grey ticks means that your message is sent. If it is two grey ticks, it means that your message is delivered. And if its two blue ticks, it means that your message is read by the receiver.
Read on, to learn how to walk past the issue of read receipts, with a very few number of steps.
Solution 1 : Airplane Mode
You can use the Airplane Mode feature of your Smart phone to prevent the read receipts from getting sent. So let’s say that your notification bar says that you have a message from whatsapp. In that case, you have to turn on the aiplane mode and then open the app and read your message. Close the app while the airplane mode is still on. That should work. Unless you open the app again while the network is available, your read receipts will not be sent.
Solution 2 : Turn Off Read-Receipts
You can physically turn the read receipts feature off. This means that you won’t be able to see others’ read receipts as well. If that’s okay with you, follow the steps below.
- First of all, open your Whatsapp application and click on the 3 dots icon at the top. Click on the Settings option from the menu that gets expanded out.
- Now a new window for Settings opens up. Click on Account option.
- From the Account window, click on the option that says Privacy.
- Now if you scroll down, you can see a section named Messaging. Under the Messaging section, look for an option that says Read receipts. It will be turned on by default.
- Simply uncheck the checkbox corresponding to the Read receipts option to turn the read receipts feature off in your whatsapp.
Yup, that’s it. Now you can sneak in, inconspicuously to your Whatsapp and leave just like that. But do keep in mind the fact that these tips do not go with the group messages, as read receipts are always on for group chats. Hope you found the article useful.
Here to enlighten, and to be enlightened, with the amazing world of tricks, tips, how-tos, and hacks.