Windows.Efi is a partition on your computer from which Windows boots into your system. So if it is missing or corrupted Windows will not be booting properly. In case if you are facing this issue, you will not be able to use your system unless you fix it first. Follow these easy solutions to solve this issue at no time at all.
If the Automatic Repair doesn’t appear, you have to open the Automatic Repair window manually. Follow these steps to do so-
1. At first, turn off your computer.
2. Then, start your computer, and as soon as you see the manufacturer’s logo on your screen, press and hold the power key for 3-4 seconds. This will force shutdown your device.
3. Once the device is turned off, start it up again.
4. Keep repeating this process of start – – force shutdown — start for 2 times at least.
You will see the Automatic Repair window has appeared on your screen.
Fix-1 Use Startup repair-
Startup repair checks if there is any startup problem on your computer and fix a particular issue.
1. At first, click on “Advanced options“.
2. Then you need to simply click on “Troubleshoot“.
3. Then, select the “Advanced options” settings.
4. From the other options, click on “Startup Repair” to kick in the repair process.
Now, Startup Repair will look for the issue which may cause the startup problem on your computer.
Fix-2 Rebuild BCD from Command Prompt-
Follow these easy steps to rebuild the BCD drive.
1. Now, click on the “Advanced options” to access it.
2. When ‘Choose an option‘ window opens up, simply click on “Troubleshoot“.
3. After that, click on “Advanced options“.
4. Then you need to click on “Command Prompt“.
6. Select your admin account and then give your account password. Click on “Continue“.
7. To fix the boot related issue, copy-paste these codes one by one and hit Enter after each of them to execute three of these commands.
bootrec/fixboot bootrec/fixmbr bcdedit/export c:\bcdbackup
8. Now, execute these codes to rename the old boot config directory. A new BCD will be created.
attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s ren c:\ boot\bcd bcd.old
9. Finally, to rebuild the boot config data, type or copy-paste this command and then hit Enter.
Wait for a while.
10. If you are asked “Add installation to boot list? Yes()/No()/All:” press “Y” key from your keyboard.
Now, close Command Prompt window.
11. Coming back to Choose an option setting, click on “Continue” to continue to your Windows 10.
Now, check if this works. Otherwise, go for the next fix.
Fix-3 Run System Restore-
Running a system restore to restore your computer back to a state when the computer was performing smoothly may solve this issue.
1. Simply, click on the “Advanced options“.
2. Choose the option “Troubleshoot“.
3. Next, what you need to do is to click on “Advanced options“.
4. In this window, you need to click on “System Restore” to start the system restore process on your computer.
5. When the System Restore window appears, click on “Next“.
6. What you need to do next is to choose the latest restore point from the list of the restore points
7. After doing so, click on “Next“.
8. Click on “Finish” to finalize the process.
Wait patiently as this process will take some time.
Check if this works.
Fix-4 Check your disk for any kind of drive fault-
Perform checking on your disk can be useful to detect faults in the hard drive on your computer.
1. Again you need to click on the “Advanced options“.
2. You need to click on the “Troubleshoot“.
3. Next, you need to click on the “Advanced options“.
4. Now, choose the option “Command Prompt“.
5. Run the disk-checking command in CMD and check if it detects any error. Just, copy-paste it in the CMD window and hit Enter.
chkdsk c: /f /r
[NOTE– Replace “c:” in the command with the drive letter of Windows installed drive. ]
This process will take some time. Upon completion of the checking process, close the Command Prompt window.
Now, in Choose an option settings, click on “Continue” to continue to your Windows 10.
Your problem will be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.