How To Turn Off Chat For Some Specific Friends Or Family On Facebook:- Got a long list of friends on Facebook, but do not want to chat with them all? Or let’s say you want to appear online to only a specific set of people. We have got solutions for both the situations. Read on, to learn how to hack this simple trick.
- At the bottom right corner of your Facebook window, you’ll see the list of friends who are online. There will be a search bar at the very bottom to search for your friends. You have to click on the Gear icon which is located right next to this search bar. From the expanded context menu, find and click on the Advanced Settings option.
- A new small window by the name Advanced Chat Settings opens up. Click on the radio button corresponding to the option Turn off chat only for some friends. Here you get to select the people whom you want yourself to appear offline always as. You can add a list as well in this area. How a list can be created is explained at the end of the article.
- On the other hand, if you want to be offline to everyone but not to that one friend, you can do that as well. You can appear online to a specific set of people by choosing the radio button corresponding to the option Turn off chat for all friends except as shown in the screenshot given below.
How To Create Lists In Facebook
Creating a list is something very useful when it comes to Facebook. Facebook, by default, creates a lot of lists for you, based on the school and college you studied, based on your place, workplace etc. But you can create your own lists as well. To create a list, follow the steps below.
- Hover over the Friends section located at the left window pane. This will unveil a link by the name More. Click on it.
- As next, click on the Create List button.
- Now you can add people to this list. This list can be used to turn off chat for specific people or for staying online only to some specific people as you want.
Hope you found the article useful. Feel free to leave comments if you find any difficulties when trying to follow the steps. Stay tuned for more tricks, tips, and hacks. You could also check out our articles on the topics Hide Your Facebook Status From One Or Specific Friends and Workaround For Messages Going To Message Requests Folder In Facebook.
A girl so much in love with the idea of writing and learning new computer tricks!