Some of the Outlook users have reported seeing the Not Implemented error. This error is typically seen when –
- Users click on the Send/Recieve button.
- Users click on the Reply/Reply All or Forward button.
The complete error is as shown below-
The users won’t be able to refresh their mailbox with the new mails after seeing this error.
If you are seeing this error, don’t panic. This article lists possible fixes to the Not Implemented Outlook error.
Table of Contents
Fix 1: Repair MS Office
1. Hold the keys Windows+r together to open the Run Dialog.
2. In the Run window, type appwiz.cpl, and hit the Enter key.
3. In the Program and Features window that opens, locate Microsoft Office Suite or Microsoft 365. Right-click and select Change option.
4. If the UAC pops up, click on Yes.
5. In the appearing window, click on Quick Repair as shown below.
6. Then, click on the Repair button.
7. Follow the instructions and repair the Office programs.
8. If the issue is due to a corrupted Outlook application, this fix will resolve the issue.
9. Restart the application.
10. If the error is still seen, try choosing Online Repair option and click on Repair.
11. In the Ready to start an Online Repair Dialog, click on Repair.
12. Restart the application and check.
Fix 2: Repair the Corrupt PST File
Step 1: Find out the location of the .pst file. To do so,
1. Open the Run Dialog by holding the keys Windows+r simultaneously in your system.
2. Type control and hit Enter.
3. Type Mail in the search bar located at the top right corner of the window. Click on the Mail option that shows up.
4. In the Mail Setup window, click on the Data Files button as shown below.
5. The Account Settings window opens. Double-click on the .pst file that you want to repair.
6. In the Outlook Data File window, check the location of the file next to Filename.
Step 2: Run the SCANPST application.
Following is the location of different versions of Outlook.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
32-bit Windows > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
64-bit Windows > C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
64-bit Outlook > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
Click-to-Run > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
32-bit Windows > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
64-bit Windows > C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
64-bit Outlook > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
Click-to-Run > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office15
32-bit Windows > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
64-bit Windows > C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
64-bit Outlook > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
32-bit Windows > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
64-bit Windows > C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
32-bit Windows > C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
64-bit Windows > C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\scanpst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\NT\scanpst.exe
Based on the Outlook version on your system, navigate to the appropriate location and double click on SCANPST.EXE
Step 3: Now open the Outlook Data File window( the window opened in Step 1, point 6). Copy the Filename section.(Click anywhere within the Text area, Hold Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C)
Step 4: When the SCANNPST application opens,
- Paste the filename in the Enter the name of the file you want to scan textbox.
- Click on the Start button.
Once the scan completes, restart your system. Try to open the Outlook Application. Check if this helped.
Fix 3: Create a New Profile
1. Open the Run Dialog by holding the keys Windows+r simultaneously.
2. Type control and press Enter.
3. Type Mail in the search bar located at the top right corner of the Control Panel window. Click on the Mail(Microsoft Outlook) as shown below.
4. In the appearing Mail Setup window that opens, click on the Show Profiles button as shown below.
5. Click on the Add button.
NOTE: DO NOT Copy or Remove the existing profile until the new profile is created and is working.
6. In the new profile window that shows up, enter a suitable name, and press Enter.
7. Click on Always use this profile.
8. From the drop-down, choose the newly created profile. For example, Test.
9. Click on Apply and then on the OK.
10. In the opening window, enter your email credentials and click on Next.
11. Follow the on-screen instruction and complete the process.
12. Open the MS Outlook application and click on File Menu Option.
13. In the Info tab, click on Add account button.
14. Enter your Email address and press on Connect. Follow the instructions shown to re-add the account.
This will take some time to finish the configuration settings.
15. Click on Finish.
Check if the issue has been resolved. If not, try the next fix.
Fix 4: Disable the Add-ins causing problems
Sometimes third-party Add-Ins cause this issue. To Troubleshoot that Run Outlook without any Add-Ins.
1. Open the Run Dialog by holding Windows+r.
2. Type outlook.exe /safe, and hit Enter.
3. Outlook opens in safe mode where all the Add-Ins have been disabled.
4. If the error is not seen, it means the error is caused due to some Add-In. Disable the Add-Ins one after the other and check which Add-in caused the issue.
5. Open MS Outlook in your system.
6. Click on the File menu option.
7. In the window that shows up, from the left bottom corner, select Options as shown below.
8. In the Outlook Options window, select Add-ins from the left-hand side menu.
9. All the add-ins will be displayed. Choose COM Add-ins from the drop-down located at the bottom of the window and click on the Go button.Rfer the below image for details.
10. Untick all the plugins from the list and click on the OK button.
11. Enable one add-in at a time and check which add-in caused the issue.
12. Once, the problematic add-in is identified take necessary action.
We hope this article has been informative. Thank you for Reading.
Kindly comment and let us know the fix that helped you fix the issue.
Anusha Pai is a Software Engineer having a long experience in IT industry and having a passion to write.