Some Windows 10 users are complaining about a missing dll file problem in the forum. According to them, when they are trying to start a variable set of applications on their computers, an error message is shown to them stating “MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.” If you are in the same situation and can’t decide what to do, simply follow these fixes on your computer and the problem will be solved pretty easily.
This problem usually happens due to corruption in Microsoft VC++ installed on your computer. Uninstalling and re-installing the package will solve this issue.
Remove and re-install Microsoft VC++ 2010 Packages-
Removing and re-installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package will solve this issue on your computer.
1. Pressing the Windows key+R keys will launch Run and then type “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter.
Programs and Features window will be opened.
2. In Program and Features window, double click on “Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable” to start the uninstallation process.
3. Now, click on “Yes” to start the uninstallation process.
Wait for a while as the uninstallation process may take a while.
4. In the same window, scroll down and double click on “Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable” to initialize the uninstallation process.
5. Now, click on “Yes” to start the uninstallation process for the x86 version.
6. Go to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) and then click on “Download“.
7. Now, choose a favorable location of your choice to download the file and then click on “Save” to save the file at the location.
8. Now, go to the downloaded location on your computer.
9. Double click on “vc_redist.x64” to start the installation process.
10. Now, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
11. Click on “Finish” to finish the installation process.
Now, you have to download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86 the same way.
12. To download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86), go to this link and then click on “Download“.
13. Next, choose a secure location to download the file on your computer.
14. Click on “Save” to save the file.
15. Go to the location where you have downloaded the file.
16. Double click on “vcredist_x86” to start the installation process.
17. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the package on your computer.
18. Once the installation process is complete, click on “Finish” to finally finish the process.
Restart your computer to finish the installation process.
After rebooting your computer, try to run the problematic application again on your computer.
You will not notice the dll error further. Your problem should be solved.