Kiosk Mode allows Google Chrome users to utilize a single window of their computer. Simply, it blocks user’s access to any other part of the computer. If you want to setup kiosk mode in Google Chrome, here is our full guide how to do it on your computer.
Set up Kiosk Mode in Google Chrome Browser
To set up Kiosk Mode in Google Chrome, follow these steps-
1. Open Google Chrome window on your computer.
2.Now, click on the User account icon on the upper left corner of the Chrome window, and then click on “Add“.
3. In this window, under ‘Add person‘ give a name to the account. Now, select any icon of your choice for the account.
4. Make sure, “Create a desktop shortcut for this user” option is checked. Finally, click on “Add” at the bottom right corner of the window, to complete the process.
5. A new Chrome browser window will be opened for the guest account. Close all Google Chrome windows which are already opened on your computer.
6. Now, go to desktop and then right click on the new chrome shortcut and then click on “Properties“.
7. In the Properties window, go to “Shortcut” tab, then add “-kiosk” at the end of ‘Target‘.
8. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
9. In case, if this hasn’t worked out, copy this location and paste in ‘Target‘ in the Chrome browser Properties. Click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
–chrome-frame –kiosk “http://www.google.com”–kiosk
10. Check if it is working or not. Otherwise, do the same thing as Step-7, but in the process, paste this location in ‘Target‘ of Chrome Properties.
–chrome-frame –kiosk “http://www.google.com”
That’s it! Kiosk mode is set up of Google Chrome as once you open Chrome from this shortcut on your desktop, your access will be limited to that Chrome browser only.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.