Some Windows 10 users are facing a trouble when they are trying to update their Windows 10 devices. According to them, Windows 10 Update is getting stalled showing an error code on their computers. If you are in the same situation, don’t worry. In this article we are going to discuss about ‘Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922‘. The main reason behind this error is the absence of some crucial DotNet features on your computer. But, before going ahead for more complex solutions, we will suggest to try out these simpler workarounds to solve this problem.
1. Reboot your computer. Sometimes Windows Update requires a restart to finalize the updatation process. Check if you can update your device without the issue or not.
2. Check if the internet connection on your computer is working or not. Disconnect the internet connection from your computer. Wait for a few minutes. Then connect the internet connection to your computer. Now, check if you are still facing the error with Windows Update or not.
If any of these workarounds aren’t able to solve the problem on your computer, go for these fixes-
Fix-1 Turn ‘ON’ DotNet features on your computer-
Turning DotNet features ‘ON‘ on your computer will solve the problem.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run, and then type “optionalfeatures” and hit Enter. Windows Features window will be opened.
2. In Windows Features window, in the list of the features, check all the “.NET Framework” features (check both the options “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)“and “.NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services“). Now, click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
3. Now, Windows Features will search the required files and then Windows will download and install the features on your computer.
Reboot your computer to save the changes on your computer. After rebooting your computer, try to update your Windows again. The problem should be solved on your computer.
Fix-2 Turn off Firewall temporarily on your computer-
[NOTE-Try this fix only if you are using a Private network. If you are on Public network, you should switch to a private network first and then try this fix. ]
Turning the firewall ‘OFF‘ temporarily on your computer can solve this problem on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+ R to launch Run, and type “control firewall.cpl” and hit Enter. This will open Windows Defender Firewall settings in Control Panel.
2. Now, in the Windows Defender Firewall window, in the left pane, click on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off“.
3. Now, under the Private network settings, click on “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” and click on “OK” to save the settings on your computer.
Now, try updating your Windows 10. Check if you are still facing the issue or not.
Fix-3 Start and automate ‘App Readiness’ service-
Starting and automating ‘App Readiness‘ service has solved the problem for many users. Follow these steps-
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window. Now, type “services.msc” and hit Enter to open Services window on your computer.
2. In Services window, find and double click on “App readiness” to open its properties.
3. In App Readiness Properties window, click on “Start” to start the service on your computer. Now, in “Startup type:” click and choose “Automatic” from the drop-down. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Close Services window. Reboot your computer to save the changes.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.