Minecraft has become synonymous with our lives as more and more new users have delved into the creative world and enjoyed it up to its full extent. Minecraft servers receive frequent updates to make it more enjoyable. But, some users are complaining that they can’t update their Minecraft Runtime Environment using the Minecraft Launcher. In this article, we have discussed 4 distinct ways to fix this issue related to the Minecraft Runtime Environment.
Fix 1 – Repair Minecraft Launcher
The best and the simplest way to deal with this problem is to repair the Minecraft app on your computer.
1. At first, press the Windows key+R keys together.
2. Then, type “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter to open the Program & Features window.
3. When it opens up, look for the “Minecraft Launcher” app in the list of apps.
4. Just right-click on it and tap on “Repair” to uninstall it from your computer.
Now, all you have is to wait for Minecraft is to repair the application on its own. After that, try to update the Runtime Library once more.
Check whether this works for you or not.
Fix 2 – Install the Minecraft in C: drive
Many users have solved the issue simply by installing Minecraft in the system drive (aka where Windows is installed).
1. Go to the location where you have the Minecraft Launcher file downloaded.
2. Simply double-click on the “MinecraftInstaller“.
3. Tap on “Next“.
4. Now, check whether the install location is already set to the C: drive.
Otherwise, tap on “Change” and select the “C:” drive.
5. Now, select the “Minecraft Launcher” sub-folder in the “C: drive” location to install it.
6. Further, tap on “OK“.
6. Finally, tap on “Install” to complete the process.
After installing the launcher, check it out. This should have fixed the problem you are facing.
Fix 3 – Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft
This problem will be solved simply by uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft altogether.
1. Press the Windows key+R keys together.
2. Then, write “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter to open the Program & Features window.
3. When it opens up, you will find the “Minecraft Launcher” app.
4. Then, just right-click on the app and tap on “Uninstall” to uninstall it from your computer.
Follow and confirm the action to completely uninstall it from your computer.
Once you are done, follow these instructions to install Minecraft again.
1. At first, download the MinecraftInstaller.
2. After downloading it, run it on your computer.
Now, follow the on-screen instructions to install the Minecraft Launcher on your computer.
Fix 4 – Download Minecraft directly
This problem is prevalent if the Minecraft Launcher is downloaded from an external source other than the official one.
1. At first, press the Windows key and type “Minecraft” in the search box.
2. Then, right-click on the “Minecraft Launcher” and tap on “Uninstall“.
Now, follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the Minecraft Launcher from your computer.
3. Then, go to the Minecraft alternative download section.
4. On this page, you will notice several download links for various versions of Minecraft.
5. Then, tap on “Minecraft.exe” to download the application on your computer.
6. Then, double click on the “Minecraft” to access it.
It will now download the latest Minecraft Launcher on your computer.
6. Then, Minecraft Launcher Setup shall open up. Complete the installation on your system.
This should fix your problem.
Fix 5 – Run Minecraft Launcher as an administrator
You can try running the Minecraft launcher as an administrator.
1. At first, right-click on the “Minecraft Launcher” icon on your desktop and tap on “Properties“.
2. Then, go to the “Compatibility” section.
3. There, just check the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
4. Finally, tap on “Apply” and “OK” to apply these changes.
Finally, run the Minecraft Launcher and update the Minecraft Runtime Library. This time, your problem should be solved without any further issues.
Fix 6 – Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Minecraft Launcher may have been blocked by Windows Firewall. Disable the firewall on your system and run the launcher again.
1. At first, press the Windows key+R keys to open the Run terminal.
2. Then, type “firewall.cpl” and hit Enter.
3. Now, on the left-hand side, tap on the “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off“.
4. Now, for the ‘Private’ network settings, check the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” option.
5. Similarly, in the ‘Public’ network settings, tick the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)“.
6. Then, tap on “OK“.
After that, try to run the Minecraft Launcher. This time you won’t face the problem.