Snip & Sketch is a wonderful screenshot capture tool for Windows. Microsoft has added tons of new cool features and shortcuts to make this tool almost indispensable for users. But, there is an issue that you may have noticed after capturing the screen, the preview notification is not appearing in the notification panel! There are a ton of reasons that can be at the root of the issue. So, without wasting more time, just follow these solutions to find a quick resolution.
Fix 1 – Check the notification settings
You may have blocked the Snip & Sketch notification setting.
1. You have to open the Settings. So, press the Windows key+I keys together.
2. Now, go to the “System” from the left-hand pane.
3. On the right-hand side, tap “Notifications” among all the options.
4. Just make sure that the “Notifications” option is “On” and expand it.
5. Later, make sure these options are checked.
Show notifications on the lock screen Allow notifications to play sounds
6. Now, you have to ensure the Snip & Sketch notifications are allowed.
7. Just go down through the same window and turn the “Snipping Tool” option “On“.
After that, close the Settings window and take a snapshot using the Win key+Shift+S keys together.
Check whether the preview is appearing on the notification panel or not.
Fix 2 – Turn off Focus Assist
Focus Assist turns off the notifications on your computer.
1. You will notice several icons in the left-hand corner of the taskbar.
2. Tap on the internet adapter icon or the sound icon once to open the settings.
3. Now, you can see the “Focus Assist” in the pane.
4. Make sure the “Focus Assist” is turned off.
Once you are sure the Focus Assist is disabled, take a random screenshot on your system. Go to the next solution if this one fails.
Alternative steps –
If you can’t see the Focus Assist on your taskbar, you can disable it from Settings.
1. Open the Settings.
2. Then, click on the first setting “System“.
3. After that, click on the “Notifications“.
4. Here you will find the “Focus Assist” settings. Click on it.
5. In the Focus Assist settings, set it to “Off” to turn it off completely.
After this, close the Settings and check.
Fix 3 – Reset the Snip & Sketch
If altering the Snip & Sketch notifications settings doesn’t work, try resetting the app.
1. Press the Win key+X keys at once.
2. Then, click “App & Features“.
3. Now, scroll down through the right pane of your screen and you will notice the “Snip & Sketch” app.
You may not see the Snip & Sketch tool in Settings. Instead, you may notice the “Snipping Tool“. It is the same.
4. Just, click on the “⋮” beside the app name and tap “Advanced options“.
5. You should try to repair the app before you reset it.
6. Tap “Repair” to start the repair process.
Allow some time to repair the app. Once the repair process is complete, try to take a screenshot using the shortcut keys.
If that works, you don’t have to follow any further instructions.
7. Otherwise, come back to the Settings page.
8. Here, tap the “Reset” option.
9. Proceed to reset the app with another tap on the “Reset” option again.
After resetting Snip & Sketch app, there will be no further notification issues.
Fix 4 – Update the Snip & Sketch app
Update the Snip & Sketch app.
1. Open Microsoft Store.
2. Search for the “Snip” app using the search box.
3. Once you have opened the Snip & Sketch app if there is an update, you will see the “Update” option.
Just click on it to update the app.
After updating the app, check whether you can preview the captured screenshot or not.
Fix 5 – Uninstall and reinstall Snip & Sketch
If all the trick fails, there’s nothing but uninstalling and reinstalling the tool.
1. At first, you can right-click on the Windows icon and tap on the “Apps & Features“.
2. Look for a search box on the right-hand side. Just type “Snipping” in the search box.
3. Just tap on the three-dot menu and tap “Uninstall” to uninstall the app.
4. Tap “Uninstall” again to confirm.
After uninstalling the app, close the Settings.
1. Open Store.
2. Just type “snip” in the search box.
3. Next, tap “Snip & Sketch” to open it in the Store.
4. Then, tap on “Install” to install the Snip & Sketch app on your system.
After installing Snip & Sketch, close the Store.
Later check if this works out for you.
Fix 6 – Disable the Print Screen key usage
It is possible that the Print Screen key is working as the hotkey for the Snip & Sketch.
1. Open the Settings page.
2. On the left-hand pane, tap “Accessibility“.
3. Now, scroll down and click “Keyboard” settings.
4. Carefully look for this option “Use the Print Screen button to open screen snipping” and set it to “Off“.
After that, close the Settings page and restart the computer.
Test if this solves your issue.
Alternative Tips –
1. Sometimes, third-party apps that can capture the screen, can obstruct the Win+Shift+S shortcut key. Like – CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, MaxTo, etc.
So, uninstalling these applications may help you resolve the issue.