Many users have complained that when they open file explorer, it hangs there for many seconds and even for minutes showing message Working on it. Users who are even having SSD installed OS are also complaining about this problem.
But, the good news is that this can be fixed easily. Here is how to do it.
How to Fix File explorer Stuck on Working on it Message
1 – Open file explorer and copy and paste the path given below to address bar.
Fix 2 – Clear File explorer history
1. Search file explorer options in Windows 10 taskbar search.
2. Now, click on file explorer options.
3. Now, click on Clear beside clear file explorer history to clear history.
4. Now, press CTRL + SHIFT + Esc keys together from keyboard to open task manager.
5. Now, locate Windows explorer. Right click on it and choose restart.
Fix 3 – Rebuild search index
Fix 4 – Optimize folder for General Items
Saurav is associated with IT industry and computers for more than a decade and is writing on The Geek Page on topics revolving on windows 10 and softwares.