ESENT is a built-in database search engine on your computer which helps File Explorer, Search to search for parameters through out your computer. Some Windows 10 users are complaining about a problem related to failure of ESENT on their respective systems. If you are facing similar kind of problem on your computer, follow these fixes and you will be able to solve the problem on your computer.
Fix-1 Create Database folder in TileDataLayer-
Creating Database folder in TileDataLayer folder may help you to solve this problem on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window. Now, copy-paste this folder address in Run and hit Enter.
2. Now, right click on the open space and then click on “New>” and then click on “Folder” to create a folder on your computer.
3. Rename the new folder to “TileDataLayer” and then double click on it to open it on your computer.
4. Again right click on the empty space and then click on “New>” and then click on “Folder” to create a new folder.
5. Rename the folder as “Database“.
Now, close File Explorer window and then reboot your computer. After rebooting the problem should be fixed.
Fix-2 Use cmd to create the folders-
In the former fix, if you face any kind of difficulty to create the folders on your computer, this fix will surely help you out.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window. Now, type “cmd” and hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open Command Prompt window with administrative rights. Click on “Yes” to grant access to User Account Control.
2. In Command Prompt window, copy and paste these commands one by one and hit Enter after each of the commands to execute them sequentially on your computer.
cd config\systemprofile\AppData\Local mkdir TileDataLayer cd TileDataLayer mkdir Database
After executing the last command on your computer, close Command Prompt window.
Reboot your computer. After rebooting your computer, you will not face the ESENT error again.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.