Is the Delivery Optimization service not turning off? If that is the case you are facing then there is a registry change you need to make first. Only after the change, you can switch the service. But before going ahead to the main solutions, you should take a look at the initial workarounds section, if they can provide a valid solution to this issue –
1. Reboot your device and then try to switch the service off.
2. Try to make the change from an administrative account.
If neither of these preliminary solutions didn’t work out, try this fix-
Fix- Modify the registry
Changing the value of a registry key may solve this issue.
1. Click on the Search box and then type “regedit“.
2. Now, click on “Registry Editor” from the search results to open it on your computer.
Once you have opened up the Registry Editor window, click on “File” > “Export” to create a backup of your registry. Name the backup anything suitable and store it in a secure location.
After going through our fix, if you encounter an issue, import this backup on your computer.
3. Now, on the left-hand side, go this way-
4. After that, on the right-hand side, double click on “Start” DWORD value to modify it.
5. Set the value of this DWORD Value at “4“.
6. Click on “OK” to save the changes.
Close the Registry Editor window.
Reboot your computer to save the changes.
That’s it! After rebooting you can check the status of Delivery Optimization service following these easy steps-
1. Press Windows key+R to open Run window.
2. Type “services.msc” and then click on “OK” to access Services utility.
3. In the Services window, scroll down until you see the “Delivery Optimization” service.
4. Double click on it to check its status.
Now you should see the service is disabled on your computer.
But in case if you see it is not disabled, simply do these-
1. Set the startup type to “Disabled“.
2. Now, click on “Apply‘ and then click on “OK“.
This way you can set the disable the Delivery Optimization on your computer.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.