Many windows 10 users have reported that when they deleted a bluetooth keyboard from their PC and now they are again trying to add the device to the pc and want to pair it, it refuse to connect. After trying to reconnect the device from the settings panel, it keeps loading forever and finally throws an error message saying Check the PIN and try connecting again. If you are also facing this error and unable to add bluetooth device through settings > Add a Device, please find the working fixes below to get rid of the problem.
Fix 1 – Using device pairing wizard
1. Press Windows key + R together from your keyboard to open run command box.
2. Write devicepairingwizard in it and click OK.
3. wait for some time for devices to appear. Select the bluetooth device which you want to add.
Select your keyboard, click next
Click ‘or enter a code’ link below
6. Press Enter.
Your bluetooth keyboard will pair with the PC.
Fix 2 – Using registry editor
1. Press Windows key + R together to open run command box.
2. Write regedit in it and click OK.
3. Browse to the following location in the registry editor.
4. expand Addrs and delete the folder inside it.
Try pairing your keyboard or mouse or any device again
Fix 3 -Try a Generic PIN
Many Bluetooth devices have a generic PIN for connecting to them. Most used generic PINs used for Bluetooth devices are as shown below: –
Try any one of them and see if you are able to connect to them
Fix 4 – Use troubleshooter
1. Press Windows key + I key together to open settings.
2. Now, Click on Update & Security
3. Now, Follow he onscreen instruction to troubleshoot the bluetooth
Fix 5 -Bluetooth support service
1. Press Windows key + r to open run.
2. Now, write services.msc in it and click OK.
3. Now, Locate Bluetooth support service.
4. Double click on it.
5. Now, click on Log on Tab.
6. Write Local service and click on check names. Now, an underline will appear on Loacl service.
7. Now, click OK.
8. Now, click on Apply and OK.
Note: – If you still can not pair bluetooth keyboard with your PC, try changing USB port. Connect the bluetooth device to another port
32 thoughts on “Fix can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again”
thanks a lot, I’ve been trying to fix that for so long. thanks a bunch!
Brilliant advice, was I sick of trawling through you tube and websites where all I got was just the standard method provided by Microsoft parroted by self appointed experts.
Option 1 sorted mine after I went for the enter PIN on keyboard method.
Finally something that worked! Thank you, I’ve been trying all day to reconnect my Logitech diNovo Edge!
OMG! This helped me a lot! THNKS SO MUCH!
My issues have been resolved. God bless you bro!
Thank you the regedit did the trick for me!
Here is the method given by Microsoft, and it did work for me immediately.
Just think that :
– even if you can see the Keyboard appear on the listed devices, you’ve got to click on the pairing button, otherwise it doesn’t work.
– don’t put any number yourself, click on “or enter a code” and it will give you a code
Method 4 worked for me with a Dell Inspiron 5676 and a Arteck HB192 Bluetooth keyboard. Thank You
Hello. I had W10 pairing problem with my bt keyboard (worked ok under win7) and NONE of inernet tips worked, belive me I tried them all 🙂 Then I bought another BT receiver (abt 6$, previous was abt 3$) and keyboard pairs right away…
Method 2 worked! Thanks a lot.
Method 2, I knew that would fix it!
Method 1 did it! Thank you!
Second one worked for me thanks
Really thanks you are amazing
11 Mar 2021
I try many times that still fail untill I read you document and had tried “regedit” method.
Thanks a lot!
thank you for your solution. believe me, IT WORKS!!!
Thanks first option worked for me with a logitech d nova keyboard
Thank You, option 2 worked for me on a MSFT Mobile Keyboard 6000 pairing with a Win10 OS on a Dell Latitude laptop!!!
I also have no Addrs key under ExceptionDB. I tried adding Addrs as Administrator, but that did nothing. Maybe the owner of the Addrs key has to be SYSTEM, but I do not know how to change owners or create the key as SYSTEM. I see two other people in the string have the same problem. Help would be much appreciated.
i tried method 2 but after the ExceptionDB folder there is no Addrs folder, what should i do?
Method 2 works! very thankful
I do not have an addrs foIder, but congrats to everyone who made this work
thankyou step no 2 work bluetooth keyboard rapoo
fix 1 worked like a charm on a Hype Bluetooth keyboard.
The second method is working!!! Good job
thanks got my rapoo 9300p working now. but cant seem to work on the mouse…
The #2 is the perfect advice to solve this issue, thanks a lot!!
Method 2 all the way – brilliant advice!
Wow, I was struggling to fix this for quite a few days to connect my Apple Magic Keyboard to Windows 10. I was trying hard to fix it for so many days and so many ways until I found this.
Fix 1 worked for me.
Thanks a million.
Method 2, Godsent.
Method 2 is pure genius
Comments are closed.