Are you unable to open Properties of the network connection on your computer? If the answer is “Yes” then, there is no need to worry any further. Simply follow the fix of this article and the problem will be solved very easily. But before going ahead for the main fix try these simpler workarounds to solve your problem with minimal efforts.
1. Disconnect and reconnect the ethernet cable from your computer. Further, check if you can access the properties of the network connections on your computer.
2. A fresh restart of your system may fix the problem.
If any of these simpler workarounds didn’t work out, check out these fixes-
Fix-1 Uninstall and re-install the network adapter-
Follow these simple steps to uninstall the network adapter driver–
1. Press Windows key+ R to open Run.
2. Now, copy-paste this command and hit Enter.
Device Manager utility will open.
3. In the Device Manager utility window, look for the “Network Adapter” option and click on it and it will be expanded to show available drivers.
4. Now, right-click on the network adapter you are using, click on “Uninstall device“.
5. If a warning message appears, simply click on “Yes“.
The network adapter driver will be uninstalled from your computer.
In the next steps, we will re-install the network adapter driver again-
Just reboot your computer and Windows will install the uninstalled driver itself. You will have your network adapter working fine again.
If rebooting your computer didn’t install the driver then you have to install the driver yourself. Follow these steps to install the driver manually-
1. Press Windows key+X and then click on “Device Manager“.
2. In the Device Manager window, click on “Action“.
3. Again click on “Scan for hardware changes“.
If Method 2 did not work out, then follow this next steps –
Open the Device Manager.
1. Click on “View” of the Device Manager.
2. Then click on “Show hidden device“.
3. This will show the hidden drivers. Look out for your network adapter.
4. When you can see the adapter driver, Right-click on the network adapter driver and then click on the “Update driver software“.
5. When you are asked, “How do you want to search for the drivers?“, simply choose the option “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
When the installation process has finished, close the Device Manager.
Try to access the network connection properties again. You should be able to do it.