In case if you can’t find the bluetooth icon on the Task bar on your Windows 10 pc and wondering what to do, don’t worry. This problem usually occurs when the bluetooth driver on your computer goes haywire or it’s simply can be a Bluetooth settings issue. Simply, follow these fixes and you will be seeing the bluetooth icon back where it should be.
1. Sometime the bluetooth icon may be hidden in Task bar ‘Hidden icons‘. Simply click on the ‘arrow icon‘ on the Task bar and check if you can see the bluetooth icon.
2. You can turn ‘On‘ or ‘Off‘ your bluetooth settings from Notification area. Click on the notification icon on the Task bar and check the Bluetooth status.
If any of these alternative workarounds didn’t help you out, try these fixes-
Fix-1 Enable bluetooth icon from Bluetooth settings-
You can enable the bluetooth icon in Notification area.
1. Click on the Search box beside Windows icon and then type “bluetooth and other devices settings“.
2. Click on “Bluetooth and other devices settings” in the elevated search results.
3. On the right hand side of Settings window, scroll down and then click on “More Bluetooth options“.
4. In Bluetooth Settings window, under ‘Options‘ tab, check the option “Show the bluetooth icon in the notification area“.
5. Then, click on “OK” to save this settings on your computer.
Close Settings window and check if the bluetooth icon is appearing in the Task bar or not.
Fix-2 Turn Bluetooth ‘ON’-
You can easily turn the bluetooth device ‘ON‘ on your computer from Settings.
1. Press Windows key+I together to open Settings window.
2. Now, click on “Devices“.
3. Now, on the left hand side, click on “Bluetooth & other devices“.
4. On the right hand side, click on ‘Bluetooth‘ to turn it “On“.
Now, check if you can see the bluetooth icon on the taskbar or not. Go for the next fix if this one didn’t work out.
Fix-3 Check bluetooth service is running or not-
Proper functionality of the bluetooth device on your computer depends upon bluetooth support service.
1. Press Windows Key+R to launch Run window.
2. Now, type “services.msc” in Run window and hit Enter to open Services window.
3. In Services window, scroll down to find out “Bluetooth Support Service” and right click on it, then click on “Restart“.
3. Now, double click on the “Bluetooth Support Service“.
4. Now, in the Bluetooth Support Service Properties window, click on the ‘Startup type:‘ and set it to “Manual” mode.
5. Check if it is ‘Running‘ or not. If it isn’t, then click on “Start” to start it.
6. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Now, close Device Manager window and check if you can discover the bluetooth icon on your computer.
Fix-4 Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver-
Uninstalling and re-installing the bluetooth device may help you out-
First, follow these steps to uninstall your bluetooth adapter driver-
1. Press Windows key+R to open Run.
2. Now, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter.
Device Manager utility will open.
3. In the Device Manager utility window, look for the “Bluetooth” option and expand it and it will be expanded to show available drivers.
4.Then, right click on the bluetooth adapter you are using, then click on “Uninstall device“.
This process will uninstall the driver.
In the next steps we will install the bluetooth driver again-
Simply, reboot your computer and Windows will automatically install the uninstalled driver.
If rebooting your computer didn’t install the driver then you have to install the driver yourself. Follow to install the driver manually-
1. In the Device manager window, click on “Action“. Again click on “Scan for hardware changes“.
This will find the uninstalled bluetooth driver and install the driver again.
Close Device Manger window.
You will be seeing the bluetooth icon on the Task bar.
Your problem will be fixed.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.