Is the USB device is disconnecting and reconnecting automatically on your Windows 10 device? If are you wondering what to do in this situation, no need to worry any further. Try out these simpler workarounds first and check if they offer any simple solution, otherwise go for the main solutions.
1. Try to plug in the flash drive to another usb port.
2. If you are using a pc, try plugging the usb to the port at the rear side of the cabinet. Check if the problem is still happening or not.
3. Plug in the usb drive to another device and check if it is working.
If the flash drive is working fine with other computers, go for these fixes-
Fix-1 Adjust Power Management of the USB-
The reason the usb device is disconnecting and reconnecting may be because it is not receiving enough amount of power from the system.
1. Press Windows key+X and then click on “Device Manager“.
Device Manager window will be opened.
2. In Device Manager window, click on “Human Interface devices” to expand it.
3. In the list of usb devices, double click on “USB Input Device” to open it’s Properties.
4. In USB Input Devices Properties window, go to “Power Management” tab.
5. Now, uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” to allow necessary power to the usb device.
6. Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Now, reboot your computer.
After rebooting your computer, plug in the usb device and check if it works.
Similarly repeat the steps with every USB items you find
Fix-2 Edit Power Options settings-
From Power Options window you can modify the USB settings.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window. Now, copy-paste this command in run window and hit Enter.
Power Options utility window will be opened.
5. In Power Options window, scroll down to expand “USB settings“.
6. Again expand “USB selective suspend setting“.
7. Click on the drop-down and then select the “Disabled” settings.
8. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Close Power Options.
Restart your computer to save the changes on your computer.
Plug in the usb device to your computer.
The usb device should work just fine on your computer.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.