Some Windows users are complaining about not hearing any sound when they are trying to use Realtek Digital audio device on their computer. If you are facing the same issue on your machine, there is nothing to worry about. Simply follow these workarounds to try out some quick fixes. Go for the bigger ones if the simple checks fail to fix the problem.
Fix 1 – Set the Speakers as default
Set the speakers as your default audio driver.
1. Right-click on the Windows key and click on “Run“.
2. Now, type “mmsys.cpl” and hit Enter.
The Sound window will be opened.
3. Here, right-click on the “Speakers” and click on “Set as Default Device“.
4. After that, click on “Apply” and “OK“.
After setting the speakers as the default speaker of your computer, close the Sound panel.
Restart your computer. After rebooting your device check out
Fix 2 – Update Realtek Audio driver-
Updating the Realtek Audio driver will solve this issue on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+X.
2. After that, click on “Device Manager“.
The Device Manager window will open.
3. In the Device Manager window, expand the “Sound, video, and game controllers” to expand it.
4. Now, right-click on “Realtek(R) Audio” and click on “Update driver” to update the device.
5. Then click on “Browse my computer for driver software“.
6. After that you have to click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers“.
7. Now, select the “Realtek High Definition Audio” driver
8. Then, click on “Next” to start the installation process.
Wait for a while as Windows will install the audio driver. This should fix the issue on your computer.
Fix 3 – Uninstall the Realtek audio driver
Uninstalling the Realtek audio drive should solve the problem on your computer.
1. Press the Windows key+R keys together.
2. Then, write “devmgmt.msc” and click on “OK“.
3. After that, expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” section.
4. Now, in order to uninstall the particular adapter, right-click on the “Realtek Audio driver” and then click on the “Uninstall device“.
5. Click on “Yes” to confirm the uninstallation of the driver.
After that, simply restart your computer once. This will load the default driver for the Realtek Audio driver.
If the driver still isn’t there, follow these steps-
Open the Device Manager window.
a. In the Device Manager, click on “Action“.
b. After that, click on “Scan for hardware changes“.
This should fix your problem.
Fix 4 – Run the audio troubleshooter
Run the audio troubleshooter to detect and fix the audio issue.
1. Press Windows key+R.
2. To access the Troubleshooter settings, write this code, and hit Enter.
3. Once the troubleshooter window appears on your screen, on the right-hand side, click on “Additional troubleshooters“.
4. In the list of troubleshooters, scroll down and click on the “Playing Audio“.
5. After that, click on “Run the troubleshooter“.
Now Windows will detect and fix the audio issue on your computer.
Your problem should be fixed.