If you want to open your email links only with Google Chrome on your Windows 10 and you are wondering how to do it, you are just in the right place. Follow this article step by step and after doing these changes, all the email links will be opened in Google Chrome browser on your computer.
Set up Google Chrome to open all email links-
1. Click on the Search box and type “chrome“, click on “Google Chrome” in the elevated search result to open the Google Chrome window on your computer.
2. In Google Chrome window, go to the address bar at the top of the window and type chrome://settings/handlers and hit Enter. Handler settings will be opened on your computer.
3. Under Handlers settings, if you notice, “mail.google.com” is already there, then click on the three-dot menu in the address bar and then click on “Remove” to remove it.
4. Flip the toggle beside the option ‘Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended)‘ to ‘Off‘ ( switching it to left direction) and then toggle it to ‘On‘ ( switching it to right direction).
5. Now, open another tab in the Chrome window, and type “https://mail.google.com” and hit Enter.
6. Now, you will notice a protocol handler icon in the right corner of the address bar ( looks like two merged rhombi), click on it and then click on “Allow” in the drop-down window.
7. Finally, click on “Done” to complete the process.
8. As soon as you have clicked on ‘Done‘, Settings window will be opened on your computer. Close Settings window.
That’s it! From now on, all the email links will be opened in the Google Chrome window only.
2 thoughts on “How to open email links with Gmail on Chrome by default”
Disregard my previous comment. One of my few browser extensions apparently was at fault. Thanks.
This is exactly what I need right now. So helpful! Thanks!
Comments are closed.