Are you facing ‘Invalid value for registry‘ error when you are trying to open an image in Windows 10? You may encounter the similar error message trying to open photos, pdf, music or any other kind of file. If you are receiving this error when you are trying to open an image, simply resetting the Photos application will solve this issue on your computer. Follow these steps to do so-
Fix- Reset Photos App-
1. Press Windows key+I to open Settings window.
2. Click on “Apps“.
3. Now, on the left pane of the Settings window, click on “Apps & features“.
4. Then on the right hand side, click on the Search box and type “Photos“.
5. Click on the “Photos” from the search result and then click on “Advanced options“.
6. Now, scroll down through the Photos settings and click on the “Reset” to reset the application to default state.
7. Again, click on “Reset” to confirm the resetting process.
Reboot your computer.
Once Photos application is reset, try to open the image again on your computer. This time you will be able to see the image.
Your problem should be fixed.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.