In case if you have plugged any flash drive to your computer for a long time and then you are trying to access the drive, you may face “Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service Error” error on your computer. This error usually occurs because the inadequacy of enough paged pool memory resource on your system. Don’t worry, there is a particular fix for this problem.
Method- Increase PagedPoolSize and PoolUsageMaximum keys size-
Increasing the size of PagedPoolSize and PoolUsageMaximum will help you out-
1. Click on Search box and then type “regedit“.
2. Click on “Registry Editor” from the elevated search result.
If you are requested for permission, click on “Yes“.
Registry Editor window will be opened.
Before going ahead to the main solution, you should create a backup of the registry on your computer.
In case any thing goes wrong, you can import the backup to fix the issue.
3. In Registry Editor window, click on “File” on the menu-bar and then click on “Export‘.
4. In Export Registry File window, first, select a favorable location to store the backup on your computer.
5. Now, name the backup as “Registry Fix“.
6. Set the Export range to “All” and then click on “Save” to store the backup.
7. In Registry Editor, on the left side expand to reach this location-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
8. Now, on the right hand side, scroll down and check if you can find “PagedPoolSize“.
In case if you are unable to find the key, follow these steps to create the key on your computer-
a. At first, on the right hand side, right click on the open space and then click on “New>” and then click on “DWORD (32-bit) Value“.
b. Now, name the new key “PagedPoolSize“.
9. Now, double click on “PagedPoolSize” to modify the value data.
10. In Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window, click on “Hexadecimal” to choose the base.
11. Set the ‘Value data:‘ to “ffffffff“. Now, click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
12. Same way, check if you can find “PoolUsageMaximum” on the list of the keys.
If you can’t find “PoolUsageMaximum” in the list of the keys, then you have to create a new key and then modify it.
a. First, on the right hand side, right click on the open space and then click on “New>” and then click on “DWORD (32-bit) Value“.
b. Name the new key “PoolUsageMaximum“.
13. In order to modify the value, double click on “PoolUsageMaximum“.
14. In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window, set the base “Decimal“.
15. Now, set the ‘Value data:‘ to “96“.
16. Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Once done, close Registry Editor window.
Reboot your computer to save the changes.
After rebooting try to access the files on the flash drive again. You will not witness the same problem again on your computer.
Your problem should be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.