Many iPhone users have complained about an issue with their Instagram app on iPhone. They say the Instagram app gets crashes soon after it is opened and while using it after some time. This could be very frustrating since the youth of this generation likes to scroll and browse Instagram apps all the time. The reasons behind this issue are listed below.
- Corrupted Instagram data
- Outdated Instagram app
- iPhone is not updated to its latest software
- Other large applications are running simultaneously
- The Instagram app server might be down
- Minor technical faults
Upon researching more deeply into this issue, we managed to compile a set of solutions explained in the article below. If you are finding this issue on your iPhone, please continue reading to learn more.
- First of all, you have to restart your iPhone as an initial fix in order to avoid or rectify any possible technical bugs within your iPhone.
- After restarting the iPhone, try updating your iPhone software by browsing Settings > General > Software Update and click Download and Install.
- When there are large-size applications running in the background such as strategic games, etc., this can lead to hanging other apps. So try force-closing other apps from the background by opening the App Switcher on your iPhone and see if this works.
- You may get this problem with Instagram on your iPhone/iPad if the Instagram server is down. So check the status of the Instagram server and wait for a few hours and try again once their server is up.
Fix 1 – Offload Instagram App
Step 1: Open the Settings page.
Step 2: Tap on the General option.
Step 3: Click on the iPhone Storage option from the general menu.
Step 4: Wait for some time to load the iPhone Storage page and scroll down the list of apps.
Step 5: Click on the Instagram app from the app list.
Step 6: Now select the Offload App option as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 7: Tap again on the Offload App option on the popped-up menu.
Step 8: Once done, click Reinstall App in place of Offload App as shown.
Fix 2 – Update the Instagram App
Step 1: Launch the App Store on your iPhone.
Step 2: Once open, tap on the Search tab at the bottom of the App Store.
Step 3: Type Instagram in the search bar at the top and select Instagram from the dropdown results list.
Step 4: This opens the Instagram page and if it shows the Update option, please click on it.
Step 5: This will start updating the Instagram app on your iPhone.
Fix 3 – Reinstall Instagram App
Step 1: You have to long tap on the Instagram icon from the home screen.
Step 2: Now select the Remove App option from the context menu as shown.
Step 3: Then click on Delete App from the popped-up list.
Step 4: Confirm it by tapping on Delete to continue.
Step 5: This starts uninstalling the Instagram app.
Step 6: When it is done, re-install it again by going to the App Store and searching for Instagram app.
Step 7: Then click on the cloud-symbol on the Instagram page as shown.
Step 8: This starts installing and once done, the Instagram app won’t crash and this fixes the issue.