In this article, we are going to detail how to setup static IP addresses for your network connection in Windows 10. If you are facing a problem with the dynamic IP address and you are trying to set up a static IP address on your computer, this article will surely help you out.
How to setup static IP address in Windows 10
To setup IP address on your computer, follow these easy steps-
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window.
2. Now, type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Command Prompt window will be opened with Administrative rights.
3. To check out all the configuration of all the network connections, write this command and hit Enter.
4. Now, find out right connection which are using ( for us, it is “WiFi” settings).
Carefully note down the adapter configuration (IPv4 Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway).
Minimize Command Prompt window.
5. By pressing Windows key+R you can open up a Run terminal.
6. Now, type “ncpa.cpl” and hit Enter.
7. Right-click on the adapter and then click on “Properties” to modify the properties.
8.Simply double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” to access it.
9. Now, just click on the option “Use the following IP address:” to select it.
10. Here, put those data in the specific tabs ( like- IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway).
11. Then, click on the radio button beside the option, “Use the following DNS server settings:” and input these following DNS servers settings-
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52 Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
After doing all these, close Network Connections window.
That’s it! This way you can easily set up a static IP address for your network connection.