Are you unable to clear timeline activity on your Windows 10 computer? If you indeed can’t clear the timeline history on your computer, there is no need to worry. This problem is related to a corrupt activity cache on your computer, deleting it will solve your problem. So, simply follow these easy steps and the problem will be over in no time at all.
Fix- Delete ActivitiesCache file-
Deleting the ActivitiesCache file from your computer will solve this issue.
But first, you need to stop a particular service.
1. Press Windows key+R together to open Run window.
2. Now, type “services.msc” and then hit Enter.
Services window will be opened.
3. In Services window, scroll down and double click on “Connected Devices Platform Service“.
4. In Properties window, click on “Stop” to stop the service on your computer.
Close Services window.
5. Now, press Windows key+R again to open Run window.
6. Type “appdata” and then click on “OK” to open Appdata folder on your computer.
7. In Appdata folder, double click on “Local” to open it.
8. Now, in Local folder, double click on “ConnectedDevicesPlatform” to open it.
9. In ConnectedDevicesPlatform, there will be a folder. Double click on it to access it.
(Note– The name of the folder may differ computer to computer.)
10. Right click on “ActivitiesCache” file and then click on “Delete” to delete the file from your computer.
*Close File Explorer window.
Reboot your computer to let the changes take effect.
After rebooting you’ll be able to clean the Timeline on your system without any issues.
Some of the users may face another warning message ‘File In Use‘ trying to delete the ‘ActivitiesCache‘ file as an additional service is required to be stopped before deleting the file.
Follow these steps minutely to do so-
1. Click on the Search box and then type “Services“.
2. Now, click on “Services” in the elevated search result window.
3. In Services window, scroll down and find the “Connected Devices Platform Service“.
4. Right click on the service and then click on “Stop” to stop the service.
Close Services window.
5. Now, try to delete the “ActivitiesCache” file from your computer again. (Follow the Step-5 to Step-10 of the fix).
Reboot your computer.
After rebooting your problem will be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.