Some Windows 10 users are complaining about a problem they are facing on their Windows 10 computer, as the Bluetooth device they are trying to connect is not connecting with their Windows 10 device, although both of them are already paired. If you are facing this same issue, then don’t worry. There are some simple solutions which can fix your problem. Mainly, this problem happens when you try to connect multiple Bluetooth devices or it may also happen is that there is an error with the existing Bluetooth driver on your computer. Let’s keep the reasons aside and let’s focus on the solutions. But before going ahead for the fixes, attempt these initial workarounds, which can solve your problem with minimal efforts.
1. If you are witnessing the problem for the first time, reboot your computer and after rebooting try to connect the Bluetooth device again.
2. If you are using a Bluetooth adapter,
a. Check if the USB port on your device is working or not.
b. Unplug the Bluetooth adapter and after 2 minutes, plug the adapter again. This should solve your problem.
If any of these workarounds didn’t work out for you, go through these easy fixes-
Fix-1 Connect from Action center
1. Click on the action center icon on the bottom right.
2. Click on “connect“.
3. Now, click on your paired device from the list.
Fix-2 Connect from Settings-
The simplest fix for this problem is to connect the Bluetooth device manually. To do so, follow these easy steps-
1. Press Windows Key+I to launch Settings. Now, click on “Devices“.
2. Now, click on “Bluetooth & other devices” and in the Audio section, scroll down to find the audio device you are trying to connect.
3. Click on the Bluetooth device and click on “Connect” to connect the Bluetooth audio device with your Windows 10 device.
Your device should be connected with the computer.
If still you can’t connect the device with the computer then follow the next fix.
Fix-3 Reset the Bluetooth from Settings-
If you are unable to connect your Bluetooth device with the Windows 10 device, you can try toggling the Bluetooth “OFF” and “ON” in the Settings window.
1. Pressing Windows key+I will open the Settings.
2. Now, click on “Devices” settings.
3. Now, click on “Bluetooth & other devices“, and on the right pane, you should see a switch “ON” under the “Bluetooth” option.
4. Click on it to switch it “OFF“.
Wait for a while.
5. Now, again click on that option to switch it “ON“.
Check if this works.
Fix-4 Restart the Bluetooth services-
You can restart the Bluetooth services from Services. Rebooting your Bluetooth services can solve your problem.
1. You will need to press the Windows key+R on your keyboard.
2. Then, type “services.msc“. After doing so, click on “OK“.
3. In, Services window, scroll down to find out “Bluetooth Support Service” and right-click on it, then click on “Restart“.
4. Now, double click on the “Bluetooth Support Service“.
5. Now, in the Bluetooth Support Service Properties window, click on “Startup type:” and click on “Automatic“.
6. Then, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes.
Close Services window.
Now, reboot your computer and after rebooting you should be able to connect the Bluetooth device with the computer.
Fix-5 Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver-
Follow these steps to uninstall your Bluetooth adapter driver-
1. Once you have opened the Run window, by pressing the Windows key and the ‘R‘ key.
2. In the Run window, type “devmgmt.msc“. Click on “OK“.
2. In the Device Manager utility window, look minutely for the “Bluetooth” section and expand it.
3. Right-click on the Bluetooth adapter you are using, click on “Uninstall device“.
This shall uninstall the driver.
Follow these steps to reinstall the driver-
Restarting your system should reinstall the driver on your computer.
In case if the previous method didn’t work out, follow these steps-
1. In the Device Manager window, click on “Action“.
2. Then, click on “Scan for hardware changes“.
The uninstalled driver will be reinstalled on your device.
Close Device Manager window.
Restart your computer to save the changes.
After rebooting, check if you can connect the Bluetooth device with the computer.
Fix-6 Update the Bluetooth driver-
You are unable to connect the Bluetooth driver with the because of an old/incompatible version of Bluetooth driver may be installed on your computer.
1. Pressing the Windows key will open the Search box. Now, start to type “devmgmt“.
2. Now, click on the “Device Manager” which will appear in the Search box.
3. In the Device Manager window, you will need to click on the “Bluetooth” to expand it.
4. Now, from the drop-down options, select the driver which you are using .
5. Right-click on it and click on “Update driver“.
6. As the next step, you need to click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
Now all you need to do is to wait.
Reboot your computer.
Check if you are still facing the same problem or not.
Fix-7 Set your Bluetooth device as default-
You can set your Bluetooth device as the default device. Follow these easy steps to set the Bluetooth device as default.
1. After opening the Run window by pressing the ‘Windows key+R‘, type this command.
2. Then, click on “OK“.
2. In the Sound window, click on the device you are using/going to use and then click on “Set as default“. Now, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your device.
Now, close the Sound window, and then reboot your computer.
After rebooting try to connect your Bluetooth device again. You should be able to connect the device with Windows 10 device without any error.