Most of the softwares we choose to install on our windows system have a habit of creeping into our right click New Menu and the list keep getting bigger day by day. It also sometimes make right click > New too slow and we wish to remove those items from the right click New Menu If you also want to remove the useless Items from Right click New Menu, here is a simple guide to do so.
How to remove items from Right Click > New Menu
1. Search regedit in windows search box.
2. Click on registry editor icon to open Registry editor.
3. First of all take a backup of registry editor before proceeding with the solution by Going to File > Export.
4. Now, Click on Edit and Choose Find.
5. Now, search shellnew and Hit Enter key.
6. Now, it will keep finding shellnew under different items which may or may not be in right click new context menu.
7. Taking cue from the name under which every shellnew exists, try putting a // before shellnew and check if the item is gone from the right click new context menu or not.
8. For example i have Put // before shellnew to remove worddoc from right click New context menu.
Now, when i check it is gone.
Similarly go on putting // before every shellnew and keep checking if items are gone or not.
3 thoughts on “How to Edit Right Click New Menu in Windows 11/10”
This does not seem to work with Google Docs, Sheets & Slides, as they are immediately restored, probably by the Drive for Desktop app.
wow, this worked just fine!!
I was looking for a solution to this issue for quite some time now
Great Thanks !
Only one item I could not find….
Comments are closed.