One amazing feature Google Chrome has is its most visited thumbnails feature showing up on it’s startup page. So that whenever you launch Google Chrome, you just have to click on these thumbnails to get to your favorite websites. However, for some users, it has been a frustrating experience when Google Chrome suddenly stopped showing these thumbnails for them. If you are also experiencing the same issue, worry not, we have got you covered.
Method 1: Disable Data Clearing Upon Chrome Exit
If you have enabled the feature to clear off cookies and data upon exiting Chrome, then Chrome wouldn’t be able to remember your most visited websites and hence won’t be able to show your most visited website thumbnails. Please check if that is the case with you.
1. Launch Google Chrome, type in the following and hit Enter key.
Now toggle off the button corresponding to the option Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome.
2. Relaunch Google Chrome and check if the issue is still present.
Method 2: Check Google Chrome Settings
1. Launch Google Chrome. In the startup page, at the bottom right corner, click on the Customize button.
2. Click on Shortcuts option in the left side of the window. Now in the right side, turn off the toggle button corresponding to the option Hide shortcuts. Once done, hit Done button.
Change should be instant. However, if you notice no change, then relaunch Google Chrome and check if the shortcut thumbnails are showing up. If not, please try out the next method.
Method 3: Modify Google Chrome Flags
If issue is still not resolved, let’s try modifying some of the Google Chrome flags to check if that fixes your issue.
Enable The New Tab Page Flag
1. Launch Google Chrome and in the address bar, copy and paste the following and hit Enter key.
2. In the Chrome local search bar, type in local ntp. From the results that show up, choose Enabled option from the drop down menu associated with Use the WebUI new tab page when opening a new tab.
Relaunch Chrome and check if the shortcut thumbnails are coming fine or not.
Change Chrome’s User Interface Layout to Normal
1. Launch Google Chrome and type in the following in the URL bar.
2. Choose Disabled option from the Touch UI Layout dropdown menu.
Relaunch Google Chrome and check if the problem is gone.
Method 4: Update Google Chrome to Latest Version
1. Launch Google Chrome. Click on the 3 dots icon at the top right corner of the page. As next, click on the Help option and then click on About Google Chrome option.
2. The About Chrome webpage would now open up and it will instantly check and update your Chrome if any new updates are available.
Once the update process is complete, check if your issue is resolved.
Method 5: Reset Google Chrome
If none of the above methods worked for you, then there is the Reset option, which should be your last try. Please keep in mind that this might delete important Chrome settings and saved data that you have had previously.
1. Open Google Chrome and type in the following in the address bar and hit Enter key.
As next, click on the option Restore settings to their original defaults.
2. Click on the Reset settings button after reading out which all settings will be reset to default values.
One of the above methods should definitely have fixed your issue. Please tell us in comments which one did.
Method 6 : Use spped Dial extension of chrome
1 -Download and Install Speed dial from Chrome extension store