Many windows 10 users who have updated their windows 10 OS to 1903 are facing problem while connecting to VPN. While trying to connect to VPN connection, users are stuck with connecting to vpn message and not going further. If you are also unable to connect to VPN after a recent update, here are the fixes given to solve the problem.
Fix 1 – Reinstall WAN miniports from Driver manager
1. Right click on the start menu and then click on Device manager to open Device manager.
2. Now, right click and uninstall One by one WAN Miniport (IP), WAN Miniport(IPv6) and WAN Miniport (PPTP).
3. Now, choose Action > Scan for Hardware changes from the top tabs in Device manager.
This will reinstall your driver uninstalled by you. Now, go and try to connect to VPN again.
Fix 2 – Try an Older workaround rasphone
rasphone is the older tool with which you can still connect to VPN easily in windows 10 PC. To use it do as followed:-
1. Right click anywhere on the desktop and click on new and then choose shortcut.
2. Now, copy and paste the path given below in the text box provided and click Next.
3. Give any suitable name to your shortcut as per your wish and click on finish.
4. Now, click on the shortcut created.
5. Click on OK when the prompt appears.
5. Click on the workplace network (3rd option) saying connect to your workplace using a Virtual private network .
6. Enter the VPN credentials to connect to a VPN network.
In this way you can easily create and connect to a VPN connection on your windows 10 PC without using the conventional method.
Fix 3 – Restart DHCP Client
1. Search services in windows 10 search box and click on the services icon to open service manager.
2. Now, in service manager window, Locate DHCP client.
3. Right click on DHCP client and Choose restart.
Saurav is associated with IT industry and computers for more than a decade and is writing on The Geek Page on topics revolving on windows 10 and softwares.