If you are using your large screen TV as a monitor of your computer setup you may see all the icons along with the taskbar is flattened and gone out of the visible part of the screen. This phenomenon is known as ‘Over-scaling‘. This problem usually occurs due to defective graphics settings on your computer. To solve the issue, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
In this fix, we are going to explain the process using the NVIDIA Control Panel which comes along with the native NVIDIA gpu. If you have an AMD gpu on your computer you will find nearly similar graphics settings. So, follow this method to fix the issue at your end.
How to Fix Desktop Over-scaling in Windows 10
Follow these easy steps to modify the graphics settings on your computer-
1. Click on the Search box beside Windows icon and type “NVIDIA Control Panel“.
2. Now, click on the “NVIDIA Control Panel” in the elevated search result.
NVIDIA Control Panel window is installed on your computer.
3. In the NVIDIA Control Panel window, on the left-hand side, click on “Adjust desktop size and position“.
4. Now, on the right-hand side, go to the “Size” tab.
5. Next, check the option “Enable desktop resizing“.
6. Then click on “Resize” to resize the computer screen.
7. Click on “Apply and Continue“.
You will notice four arrows at four distinct corners, depicting the four corner points of the display. You have to adjust the slider to accommodate the screen.
8. Now, adjust the slider until you can see the Taskbar and the desktop icons accurately.
9. Click on “OK” to save the changes.
After adjusting the slider your issue with the over-scaling should be fixed.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.