Are you unable to turn off Caps Lock key on your computer because it is stuck and you are looking for a fix? If the answer is ‘Yes‘,you are the right place. Some Windows 10 users are also complaining about same kind of problem on their computer. You can easily fix this problem by switching the control of ‘Caps Lock‘ key to ‘Shift‘ key. Follow this fix on your computer and the problem will be solved in no time. But, before going ahead, you should try out these workarounds to test some conditions initially-
1. Disconnect the keyboard from your computer and reconnect it with your computer again. Now, check if ‘Caps Lock‘ key is working or not.
2. Try to plug in the keyboard with another laptop/pc and check if the issue with ‘Caps Lock‘ key is still there or not. If the issue still continues to prevail, you should think about replacing your keyboard.
3. Reboot your computer. Check if it helps or not.
If any of these workarounds didn’t do the trick, go for this solution-
Fix-Change Advanced key settings on your computer-
Changing advanced key settings on your computer may solve this problem on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+I to open Settings window. Now, click on “Time & Language“.
2. In Settings window, click on “Language” on the left hand side and then on the right hand side, scroll down to click on “Choose an input method to always use as default“.
3. Now, scroll down and click on “Input language hot keys” to open Advanced key settings window.
4. In Text Services and Input Language window, under ‘To turn off Caps Lock‘ settings, click on “Press the SHIFT key“. Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Now, if ‘Caps Lock‘ is stuck on your computer, you will be able to turn it off by simply pressing by the ‘Shift‘ key from your keyboard. Your problem will be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.