These days people like to use tablets more than laptops. However, it is important to have a laptop at him as some vital tasks can only be performed from the laptop. Considering this need, Microsoft has designed the Surface Series. The Surface series devices are detachable laptops. They can either be used as a laptop or tablet. To use it as a tablet, we can simply detach the keyboard from it.
Like all other devices, even this device has its own share of problems. Recently, most of the Surface Pro users have reported a weird issue. When they powered on the Surface Pro device, the Screen is stuck at the Surface logo screen.
If you’re seeing this issue, read along, we have a quick tweak to fix this issue.
How to solve the Surface Pro stuck on the Surface Screen?
Power On the Surface Pro Device. Sometimes, the updates might be getting installed. So the screen might appear to be stuck at the Surface logo. Wait for 20 – 30 minutes, if you still see that the Screen is stuck, do the following.
1. Hold the Volume Up button and Power button at the same time for around 30 secs.
2. You should be able to see a black screen with some options.
3. Enable the Trusted Platform Module. To do so, just click on the Disabled within the square brackets, it should toggle to Enabled.
4. Enable the Secure Boot Control. To do so, just click on Disabled within the square brackets, it should toggle to Enabled.
5. Once that is done, press and hold the Power button for around 10 secs.
6. Wait for another 10 secs and power on the device.
Now, the Windows should start normally. Once you login into the device, make sure you install all the pending updates so as to prevent issues like this in the future.
We hope this article has been informative. Kindly comment and let us know if this helped you solve the problem.
Thanks for reading.
Anusha Pai is a Software Engineer having a long experience in IT industry and having a passion to write.