If you aren’t able to change your current account type from ‘standard’ to ‘administrator’, this article is for you. Simply, follow this simple fix and the problem will be fixed in no time at all.
Fix: Change the account type in Safe Mode
You have to start your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt access and then all you have to do is pass a single command to get your account administrative access.
At first, you need to boot into Safe Mode–
1. Press Windows Icon+I.
2. Now, click on “Update and Security“.
3. Now, on the left pane, click on “Recovery“,
4. In the “Advanced Startup” section, you need to click on “Restart Now“.
5. As your computer boots up in Choose an option window, click on “Troubleshoot“.
6. Then, you need to click on “Advanced options“.
7. Now, click on the “Startup Settings“.
8. Then, you have to click on “Restart“.
9. Now, you will be shown options of Startup Settings.
10. Press “6” to ‘Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt‘ access.
Your computer will be booted into Safe Mode with Command Prompt access only.
11. To give your account administratorship, execute this command in the terminal.
net localgroup Administrators username /add
[ NOTE– Replace “username” with the username you are using on your computer.
As the username for this pc is –Sambit, so it will look like- “net localgroup Administrators Sambit /add” ]
After executing the command you will notice a message like, “The command completed successfully“.
Close Command Prompt window.
Reboot your computer. You will see that your standard account is changed to an administrative one.
Your problem will be solved.