Autoplay not working is a common problem in windows 10 and many users seem to be affected by this annoying problem. Here in this article, we have suggested working fix for this problem.
Fix 1 – Check Shell Hardware Detection Service
1. Press windows key + r together to open run.
2. Now, write services.msc and Click OK.
3. Now, Locate Shell Hardware Detection, right click on it and Choose properties.
4. You will have to make sure that Shell Hardware Detection service is running and startup type is set to Automatic.
5. If it is not so, set startup type to automatic from the drop down and Start the service.
Fix 2 – Using Registry Editor
1. Press Windows key + R together to Open run.
2. Now, write regedit in it and Click OK.
3. Now, Browse to the following location in the registry editor.
4. Locate NoDriveTypeAutoRun key on the right side.
If it does not exist, right click on an empty space and create a new DWORD (32-bit) value on the right side.
5. Now, make sure that Hexadecimal is selected as an option and then change the value data to 91.
6. click OK and Close the registry editor.
7. Reboot your PC.
Fix 2 – Autoplay settings through Control panel
1. Press Windows key + r together to open run.
2. Now, write control in it and Click OK.
3. Now, Select View buy Large icons from drop-down.
4. Click on Autoplay.
5. Select desired option for each kind of devices.
6. Click on save and close the window.
If it does not work, Scroll down and Click on Reset all devices
Fix 3 – Turn Notifications on for Autoplay.
1. Press Windows key + I to Open settings.
2. Go to system.
3. Click on Notifications & Actions.
4. Locate Get Notifications from these senders section.
5. Make sure that Autoplay Option is turned ON.