You may encounter ‘Error loading player: No playable sources found‘ error while watching a video on your Google Chrome browser. This problem is usually associated with the faults of Flash player. Disabling-Renabling or updating Adobe Flash Player will solve this problem. First, try out these workarounds and check if they work out or not, otherwise try the main solutions.
1. Close Google Chrome browser. Open it again. Visit the website again and check if the video is playing or not.
2. Reboot your computer.
If relaunching Google Chrome doesn’t help, try these fixes-
Fix-1 Enable Adobe Flash-
Enabling Adobe Flash in Google Chrome browser window will help you to solve this problem.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. In Google Chrome window, copy-paste this in the address bar and then hit Enter.
3. Now, enable the Flash settings (Make sure it is “Ask first“).
Now, open a new tab and then try to visit the website again on your computer.
Your problem will be solved.
Fix-2 Allow flash for a particular site-
You can allow Flash to automatically run in a particular website.
1. Open Google Chrome on your computer.
2. Now, open the site where you are facing this problem.
3. Now, after opening the site, click on the ‘lock sign‘ beside the address bar.
4. Then, click on the drop-down beside “Flash” and from the drop- down choose “Allow“.
Reload the website and check. Videos will be playing without any error.
Fix-3 Check for Flash Update from Chrome Components-
You can update Flash from Chrome components.
1.Open Google Chrome.
2. In Google Chrome window, copy-paste this in the address bar and then hit Enter to open list of Chrome components installed on your computer.
4. Now, click on “Check for update“.
Chrome will search for latest version of Adobe Flash player and will install it on your computer.
Restart your browser to complete the installation process.
After opening Google Chrome try to open the website again and check if the error is still there or not.
Fix-4 Install Adobe Flash Player manually-
You can manually install Adobe Flash Player on your computer.
1. Open a new window in Google Chrome and download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
2. Click on “Download Flash Player” to start the downloading process.
3. Now, choose a favorable location to download the flash player installation package.
4. Click on “Save” to start downloading it.
Minimize Google Chrome window.
5. Go to the location where you have downloaded the installation package.
6. Double click on “flashplayer32” to run the installer on your computer.
Adobe Flash Player Installer will download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
7. When the installation process will be over, click on “Finish“.
Restart Google Chrome browser to complete the installation process.
After restarting Google Chrome, try to watch a video again on your browser, check if the error is still there or not.
Fix-5 Check for updates in Chrome-
It may be possible that the version of Google Chrome you are using is a older one. Check if there is any update available for Google Chrome–
1. In Google Chrome window, on the top-right corner, click on the three dot menu, and then click on “Help” and then click on “About Google Chrome“.
2. Google Chrome will download any pending update, and install it on your computer.
After installing the update, click on “Relaunch” to complete the process.
After relaunching Google Chrome, try to play a video and check if it is playing or showing the same error.
Fix-6 Reset Google Chrome-
If no other fix is working out for you, resetting Google Chrome will surely fix this issue.
1. Open Google Chrome window on your computer.
2. In Google Chrome window, copy-paste or type this line in the address bar and hit Enter.
3. In Google Chrome settings window, click on “Reset settings” to reset Google Chrome on your computer.
Google Chrome browser will be reset.
Restart your browser and then you will be able to play the video on your computer.
Your problem will be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.