Are you seeing a pop up message- ‘The program can’t start because D3dx9_38.dll is missing from your computer‘ when you are trying to open a game/ software on your computer? This problem usually happens due to corruption in DirectX files. If you are facing this problem then downloading and installing DirectX End-User Runtime will solve this issue for sure.
How to fix D3dx9_38.dll missing error in Windows 10-
1. Download the latest version of DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
2. Click on “Download” to initialize the downloading process.
Choose a suitable location on your computer to download the file.
2. Go to the downloaded folder, double click on “dxwebsetup” to run the setup on your computer.
Click on “Yes” to grant permission to the User Account Control.
3. In Installing Microsoft(R) DirectX(R) window, select “I accept the agreement” and then click on “Next“.
4. Now, latest version of DirectX will be installed on your computer.
5. When the installation process is done, click on “Finish” to close the installer window.
Reboot your computer to complete the installation process.
After rebooting your computer, you will be able to play the game or run the software. Further this error message will not appear.
Your problem should be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.