When there is no Wi-Fi signal around us, it is the Personal Hotspot on the iPhone that comes to our mind right? Recently, many iPhone users have commented that they are not able to find the personal hotspot option on their iPhones, and because of this, it is causing a big problem for all of them.
The main reasons that might be responsible for causing this particular issue on the iPhone may include one of the following.
- Minor software bugs within the iPhone.
- iOS software on the iPhone is not being updated to the latest version.
- Changes have been made to the network settings on iPhone.
- Not updating the Carrier Settings if Any.
- An issue with the Mobile Network signal on the iPhone.
After working on these factors, we have found the solutions to solve this issue easily and they are explained very well using the steps in the article below.
Solution 1 – Disable and Enable the Mobile Data option
Step 1: Open the Settings app first on the iPhone.
Step 2: Then go to the Mobile Data option from the settings menu by tapping on it as shown below.
Step 3: Now disable the Mobile data setting by tapping on the toggle button as shown.
Step 4: Once it is disabled, wait for some time and enable it back again by clicking on its toggle button.
Solution 2 – Enable the Personal Hotspot option via the Mobile Data page
Step 1: Launch the Settings app by clicking on the settings icon.
Step 2: Next, click on the Mobile Data option as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 3: Now select the Personal Hotspot option from the Mobile Data page as shown.
Step 4: Here, you have to enable the Allow Others to Join option by clicking on its toggle switch.
Solution 3 – Try Updating the Carrier Settings
Step 1: Go to the Settings app first and select the General option as shown below.
Step 2: Then you have to click on the About option at the top.
Step 3: Scroll down to the Physical Sim section.
Step 4: If there appears a pop-up on the screen for any carrier update, please do it by clicking Update.
Solution 4 – Rename your iPhone’s Name
Step 1: Tap on the settings icon from the home screen.
Step 2: This opens the Settings app on the iPhone.
Step 3: Now scroll down and tap on the General option.
Step 4: Click on the About option which is at the top of the General menu list as shown below.
Step 5: Afterwards, select the Name option by clicking on it.
Step 6: Here, it will display the iPhone name (For eg: John’s iPhone).
Step 7: Please rename it to something else and check if the Personal Hotspot option appears on the Settings menu.
Solution 5 – Reset the Network Settings on iPhone
In spite of trying these above methods, if you are not able to resolve this issue, there must be something wrong with the network settings on your iPhone and it can be rectified by resetting the network settings on your iPhone.
After the network settings have been reset, check if you are able to find the personal hotspot on the settings app.
- Restart the iPhone – Many iPhone users have reported that they were able to fix this issue by merely restarting their iPhones. So restart your iPhone for clearing any minor software bugs within the iPhone.
- Update your iPhone by installing the latest version of iOS which can be the fix for any bugs or enhancements on the iPhone.
- Try restoring the iPhone – If you have taken the backup of your iPhone data and settings on a PC or Mac, you can try to restore your iPhone using the backup data via iTunes. This will restore your iPhone to the point where it was working perfectly fine.
- Contact the Apple Team – If nothing is helping you out in resolving this problem, there can be some underlying reason within the iPhone which is causing this issue. So you need to contact the Apple team and get it repaired as soon as possible.