Earlier designing was all about putting your ideas on to papers, but, in the last few years, it has majorly shifted towards software-based designing. Bringing your ideas into reality is just on your fingertips. All you need is the right software and it works through all the minute details.
The same goes for furniture design, where professional designers prefer using furniture design software these days. In fact, some programs make it simpler by allowing even the homeowners to create a rough design of the furniture for their home. So, whether you are a professional furniture designer or a homeowner, there’s a tool for everyone’s needs.
Here we have listed some of the best furniture design software that can help you with your needs.
SketchUp is a free furniture design CAD software that is perfect for editing 2D and 3D designs. The software is mainly built for professionals in the field of designing, drafting, or engineering.
- Equipped with rich modeling tools and a strong engine.
- Offers push and pull technology that helps you create everyday items, easily.
- Features a well-designed user interface.
- Comes loaded with customizable palettes making it easy to work through the program.
- The palettes can be added, deleted, or organized in the way you want.
- Commands are neatly organized on the interface in large icons that make them easy to locate.
It also supports multi-language and multicurrency, project management, resource management, supplier management, document management, and so on.
Price: Free trial available; price available on quote.
The SolidWorks 2020 version comes with optimized performance, clean workflows while offering support for a connected design environment in the cloud.
- Boosted performance that accelerates the big gatherings and design authentication in drawings, gatherings, and duplicates.
- It allows you to open drawings straight away using the new Detailing mode.
- Optimizes design speed using the latest Envelope Publisher.
- Lets you run your simulations rapidly using hybrid mesh.
- Improvements in design, simulation, and manufacturing-based streamlined workflows.
- Offers seamless connection of SOLIDWORKS with the cloud, using the 3DExperience platform.
It also allows you to manage product information, projects, and lifecycle straight and easily build models in organic shape using 3D Sculptor, swiftly establish custom dashboards, safely share data and more.
Price: pricing starts at $5, 290.
CAD Pro is a simple and portable software design that allows you to access all the required tools quickly and easily for design development.
- Provides photo plugin that helps you position any image or digital photo into the software’s documents, quickly.
- User-friendly paint tools let you quickly adjust the images or digital photos.
- Option to add auto shapes in just a simple click of the mouse.
- Offers dynamic point and click tools and automatic tape measure tool.
- Option to save the CAD designs in PDF files.
- It allows you to design or create layouts with accurate dimensions using the “Smart Dimensioning” tools.
- Ability to create unlimited state-of-the-art custom clipboard files.
- Makes your designs traceable by drawing your design on a paper, and then scanning it.
- It offers a free and all-purpose file viewer, which also works a presentation tool.
- Option to customize your plans and projects, and even view and print professionally designed floor plans.
Best of all, it allows you to share your designs via emails. CAD Pro is compatible with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other Windows apps.