Many Windows 10 and 11 users have started reporting incidents of a pop crackling sound emerging from the audio output device, if you are facing this same issue don’t be alarmed, this issue can be easily fixed. Wondering How to Get it Fixed? Here are simple fixes for this windows 10 audio popping issue. For some users , just restarting the PC solves the issue at once. But, if its a recurring issue. just follow the steps to Fix Audio / Sound Popping / crackling in Windows 10 and Windows 11
1 – Unplug or disconnect the Sound / Audio device from your PC and then connect or plug it again and then see if it worls or not.
2 – Connect the Audio device to another computer. If the crackling sound does not appear, then it means the problem lies in your PC. Implement the fixes written in this article to fix the issue.
3 – Connect any other Audio device to your PC and play the sound. If the crackling sound exists, then issue might with your system audio settings.
Fix 1 – Update Basic Audio driver
1 – Search Device manager in Taskbar search and then click on it to open Device manager.
2 -Now, Right click on your Audio driver. It may have a different name based on what driver you got (High Definition Audio device etc. )
Select Update driver
3 – Now, Select Browse my computer … option.
4 – Now, Click on Let me Pick… option.
5 – Now, select the top driver from the list and click Next
Fix 2 – Choose High performance plan
Step 1 – Press Windows key + R together to open run.
Step 2 – Write powercfg.cpl in it and click OK.
3 – Now, Select High performance plan.
Now, try to listen audio again.
If it does not work , Try balanced power plan, as some users reported that choosing balanced power plan worked for them
Fix 3 – Try changing format of sound
1. Press Windows key + R together to open run.
2. write mmsys.cpl and click OK.
3. Click on your speaker having green tick on it to select it and then click Properties.
4. Click on Advanced tab
5. Choose 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality) from the dropdown and then click on Apply.
If that thing does not work, try choosing another format from dropdown and then test.
You may Also Read: –
- Fix Laptop Speaker Crackling Sound
- Sound stuttering / distortion problem in Windows 10
- Fix Audio Buzzing in Windows 10
Fix 4 -Disable All sound enhancements
1- Search MMSYS.CPL in Windows search box.
2 -Click on MMSYS.CPL from the search result you see.
3 – Now, Double click on your Speaker to open its sound properties.
4 – Now, Click on Enhancements Tab
5 – After that, Select Disable all enhancements.
Fix 5 -Set Processor usage to 100%
A driver issue could be causing the pop sound to come out from your speaker and/or headphone. To update your driver:
1 – Search Edit Power Plan in Windows taskbar search box.
2 -Click on Edit power plan from the appeared search result.
2 – Choose advanced power settings
3 – Scroll down and expand the Processor Power management section and also expand Minimum processor state. Change the Minimum Processor state to 100% and apply the settings.
4 – Test your audio output device now, if you can still hear the pop sound continue reading this guide.
Fix 6 – Disable fast Startup
1. Press Windows key + R together to open run.
2. write powercfg.cpl and click OK.
3. Click on Choose what the buttons do from the left menu.
4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
5. Uncheck Turn of fast startup option.
Fix 7 – Disable ATI HDMI Audio
Sometimes ATI HDMI Audio device can be the reason for the audio popping out from your device, Disabling the device ensures it is not the culprit. Follow these steps to disable ATI HDMI Audio:
1)Press the Windows logo key and S together on your keyboard and then search for Device Manager.
2) Expand the Sound, video and game controllers category and right-click on ATI HDMI Audio device driver disable device. If you can’t complete this step for some reason follow the steps given below to fix your problem.
Fix 8 – DPC Latency
Even high latency can be the issue of your many audio problems including the popping sound. To ease up the work there is a software called DPC Latency checker which helps to monitor your system and gives the reason for the high latency.
1) Download the DPC Latency Checker software such as latencyMon,
Just go to https://resplendence.com/downloads.
Locate and Download LatencyMon.
follow the steps to install the software and then run it.
2) Just Click on Start button icon to start the analysis.
This is as self-explanatory as it gets, if you see green bars only then your system is in proper condition.
3) If you spot red bars then a device is causing some issue and the tool will also show you the name of the device that is failing. Follow the steps below to fix this issue.
Follow the steps written in step 2 to know how to disable specific devices in device manager.
If disabling the device fixes the problem you might need to reinstall the drivers for that specific drivers.
You will have to update all drivers that require update.