Do you know about a hidden theme named Aero Lite that you can use in Windows 11? Aero Lite is a hidden theme that you can tweak to use in Windows 10, also. If you haven’t discovered this feature yet, follow these steps to set the Aero Lite theme on your new Windows 11 computer.
How to enable the hidden Aero Lite theme in Windows 11
Just enact all these steps sequentially to enable the Aero Lite theme in Windows 11.
1. Press the Windows key+E keys together to open the Explorer.
2. Then, go here –
3. In the Themes folder, you will find the list of themes.
4. Select the “aero” and click on the “Copy” icon on the edit bar.
5. Next, go to your desktop.
6. Further, right-click on empty space and click on the “New item“.
7. After that, tap on the “Folder” to create a new folder on the desktop.
7. Now, open the new folder to acess it.
8. Just paste the “aero” theme that you have copied before.
9. Right-click on the “aero” theme and click on “Rename” icon (the third icon) to rename the aero theme.
10. Name it as “AeroLite.theme“.
11. Then, right-click on the “AeroLite.theme” and click on “Open with>” and click on “Choose another app“.
12. Then, click on the “More>“.
13. Next, select the “Notepad” from the list of apps and click on “OK“.
Aero Lite theme will be opened in Notepad.
14. When it does opens up, delete two lines in the “[Theme]” section.
In this machine, it was these lines –
; Windows - IDS_THEME_DISPLAYNAME_AERO_LIGHT DisplayName=@%SystemRoot%\System32\themeui.dll,-2060
We have just delete these two lines.
15. Then, just paste this line in the “[Themes]“.
16. Next, scroll down to the “Visual Styles” section.
17. Then, replace the “aero.msstyles“with the “aerolite.msstyles“.
18. Finally, press the “Ctrl+S” buttons together to save the modification.
Next, just close the Notepad window.
Finally, just double click on the new “AeroLite.theme” to set it as your default theme.
That’s it! This is the way, you can set the hidden AeroLite theme on your computer.