Did you notice your computer heating up while playing games or browsing, or generating that annoying fluttering sound? That’s pretty common due to the fan speed, which needs to be adjusted to keep your computer cool as it works hard.
You can either change the fan speed manually (a tedious process) or use dedicated software for the same. The manual process makes things a bit difficult as it requires you to add a physical fan controller with dials to your computer. You need to turn the dials based on the fan speed you want to set.
Therefore, it’s a better idea to use a dedicated fan speed control software to intensify the fans when the system heats up. It then automatically shuts them down when the system is back to normal.
Here are some of the best software for Windows to help you adjust the PC fan speed.
EasyTune 5 by Gigabyte
This is among the most suitable tools for Windows to help improve and manage its performance. It comes with a bundle of powerful and user-friendly tools.
- It allows you to fix a base limit for the processor performance and for extra RAM.
- It provides an overclocking tool to increase its clocking speed and performance.
- It offers tools for improving CPU and memory performance.
- Controls the speed of the fan to cool down the CPU as well as the Northbridge chips duo.
Moreover, it also monitors the computer’s condition to check the system performance.
This is a well-known hardware diagnostic tool that evaluates and monitors the PC sensors and displays all the results in the primary window. It shows the details like the voltage, clock speed, fan speed, temperature, etc.
- Easy to use and trusted software for monitoring PC performance.
- The extended tree view helps you to monitor each guideline, such as the CPU core temperatures and the temperature of the hard drive.
- It can include analyzed values to the system tray.
- It allows you to effortlessly connect to a certain IP address or another network.
- Sports an easy to use interface that automatically generates graphs for each live session.
Among its other major features are, tracks the computer parts that have matching sensors, has the ability to read sensors for the latest CPU cores and uses minimum resources.
Price: Free trial available; Pricing starts from $22.40.
This is another great program and rather a great alternative to the basic Task Manager. It monitors the hard drive performance, fan speed, and the temperature of the system parts.
- Troubleshoots even the most challenging PC issues.
- It offers a lot more features and details compared to your system BIOS.
- Alerts beginners with lots of warnings of any danger while using the program.
Moreover, it helps you understand the numbers with the help of graphs, charts, and meters, and also offers tools for running a stress analysis and track a specially designed PC.
Open Hardware Monitor
Monitoring fan speed along with clock speed, voltage or temperature of the system is a breeze for this free and application.
- Supports almost all the major inspection chips that are present in the latest motherboards.
- Tests the CPU temperature by interpreting the core temperature sensors of the two processors (Intel and AMD).
- Displays the video card sensors along with the temperature of the SMART hard drive.
Moreover, this open-source application can also display the evaluated values in the primary window in a configurable desktop device. Alternatively, the details can also be shown in the system tray.
Price: Free and open source.
This is another great software that tests your system’s health and temperature such as how the CPU, GPU, fan speed or the disk is performing.
- Controls and shows the fan speed of the latest technology-based graphic cards.
- Tracks the health condition of the hard disks and alerts when the values get critical.
- Keeps you informed if the hard drive is likely to crash within a day.
- Monitors the SMART factors and sets the read values in a list.
Among its other major features are, keeping a track of the speed of the CPU, a responsive layout, or the graphical display of the monitored data.
Price: Free trial available; Priced at $19.95.
This fan speed controller manages the annoying sound that the fan generates while it’s running at a high speed.
- Open source fan speed control tool that not just helps control fan noise, but also shows the live condition of the temperature and clock speed of your system.
- Displays the temperature of the CPU, GPU, and the mainboard.
- It allows you to choose from the manual mode, Smart mode, and the BIOS mode.
- Option to make a choice from the seven-speed settings at any time.
Moreover, the current command is shown in the primary window along with complete details of the fan speed and the system temperature.
NoteBook Fan Control
Wondering how to change the fan speed of your notebook? This fan speed control software helps you to do that quickly and easily.
- It can be smoothly installed and easily syncs with your system’s taskbar.
- It features a small and basic interface.
- It allows you to select from multiple configurations depending on your notebook’s brand and model.
- It comes embedded with responsive controls and a few presets along with real-time monitoring of the CPU temperature and the fan speed in the current time.
It’s covered in the system tray to avoid interfering with the system’s efficiency, and it can also be customized in a way that it gets automatically launched when the system is started. Moreover, it also helps you to modify the color for the system tray symbol from the Settings.
You will get umpteen performance checking, hardware monitoring or CPU monitor software out there, but when it’s about finding a fan speed control software, there are not many. We have listed as many of the best software we could that help you to adjust the fan speed and keep your system cool sans the noise at all times. So, make your choice and regulate your system’s temperature effortlessly.