While attempting to print something from their printer, some users have reported printer configuration problem with error code 0x8007007e with message given below :-
Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e
Lets fix this problem with a working solution
Fix – Using printconfig.dll file
1. Press Windows key + R together to open run
2. Type spool in it and click OK.
3. Go inside Drivers folder.
4. When you are inside this folder, Search printconfig.dll in the search box.
5. Copy the file.
6. Now, go back to drivers folder.
7. Now, go inside drivers > X86 > 3 folder.
8. Once you are inside 3 folder, Paste printconfig.dll inside this folder.
Now, Try printing again. You will face no problem at all.
3 thoughts on “Fix Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e”
7. Now, browse to Drivers/X86/3 doesn’t exist for me
No matches when I put in “printerconfig.dll.” Now what?
Yea hooo!!! It worked! Thanks guys.
BTW, on step 7 it says to browse to Drivers/X86/3 and should say Drivers/X64/3 (there is no x86). It does show correctly in the address bar on the screen shot though.
Comments are closed.