Some Windows 10 users are complaining about an issue that they are unable to uninstall the Apple Software Update program from their devices. According to these user complaints, whenever they are trying to uninstall the software, an error message is popping up, stating “There is a problem with this Windows installer package.” If you are facing the same issue, don’t worry. Here are some very easy fixes to solve the issue quickly.
Fix-1 Modify Windows Installer service-
Set the Windows Installer service to manual and then start the service on your computer.
1. Click on the Windows icon. Type “Services“.
2. Then, hit Enter.
3. Simply, scroll down to find the “Windows Installer” service.
4. Now, double click on that service to modify it.
5. When the Windows Installer Properties window prevails, click on the drop-down beside the option ‘Startup type:‘ and set it to “Manual“.
6. After that, click on “Start” to start the service.
7. Then, click on “Apply” and then click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
Close the Services window.
Now, try to uninstall the Apple Software Update from your computer.
Fix-2 Uninstall the software from Control Panel-
You can try uninstalling the software from the Control Panel.
1. You need to press the ‘Windows key’ and the ‘R‘ key together.
2. Now, type “appwiz.cpl” and then hit Enter.
3. In the Programs and Features window, scroll down to find the “Apple Software Update” in the list of the applications.
4. Right-click on the “Apple Software Update” package, and then click on “Uninstall“.
Now, the uninstaller window will open. Proceed through the steps to uninstall the software package.
Fix-3 Use Windows Installer Cleanup Tool-
Windows Installer Cleanup tool can clean up unnecessary Windows installer info of failed installations.
STEP-1 Download and install the Cleanup tool-
1. At first, click on this link.
2. Now, click on the “Download” to download the tool on your computer.
Close the browser window.
3. Navigate to the location where you have downloaded the file.
4. Right-click on the “msicuu2.exe” and then click on the “Run as administrator” to install the tool on your computer.
5. When a prompt appears, click on “Run” to run the installation.
6. In the Windows Installer Clean Up Setup window, click on “Next“.
7. Simply check the option “I accept the License Agreement“.
8. Then, click on “Next“.
9. After doing that, simply, click on the “Next” to initialize the installation process.
Windows Installer Cleanup Tool will be installed in a while. Once it is installed, close the installer window.
STEP-2 Remove Apple softwares using the cleanup Tool-
Follow these steps to uninstall the Apple softwares from your computer.
1. Press Windows key+S and then type “Windows Install“.
2. In the elevated result, click on the “Windows Install Clean Up“.
3. In the Windows Install Clean Up window, scroll down through the list of the apps and select the following apps one-by-one and then, click on “Remove” to remove these apps sequentially.
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
Once you have uninstalled all these apps, close the Windows Install Clean Up window.
STEP-3 Re-install iTunes-
Now, follow these steps to install iTunes again on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+S and type “Store“.
2. Then, click on “Microsoft Store” in the elevated search result.
3. In Microsoft Store, click on the Search box and type “iTunes“.
4. From the drop-down result, click on the “iTunes” app.
5. Now, click on “Install” to install iTunes again on your computer.
Wait for a while as Store installs iTunes on your computer.
This should fix your problem.
[NOTE– You may need to re-install the QuickTime separately.]
Fix-4 Repair Apple Software Update-
Repairing the Apple Software Update may solve the problem.
1. At first, type “Programs & Features“.
2. Then, click on the “Programs & Features” which will appear at the search results.
3. Then you need to find out the “Apple Software Update” in the list of the installed apps.
4. Now, right-click on the app and then click on “Repair“.
Apple Software Update will repair any problem you are facing with the software.
Once it is done, check if you are experiencing the issue again or not.
Fix-5 Uninstall iTunes and then uninstall Update package-
One of the methods to solve this error is to uninstall iTunes first and then uninstall Apple Software Package from your computer.
1. Press Windows key+X and then click on “Apps & Feature“.
2. Then, write “iTunes” in the search box of the Settings window.
3. Now, click on “iTunes” in the Settings window.
4. Now, click on the “Uninstall“.
5. Again, click on the “Uninstall” to uninstall the software from your computer.
Wait for a while.
Then, close the Settings window.
6. Now, press Windows key+R to open the Run window.
7. Now, type “appwiz.cpl” and then hit Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
8. In the Programs and Features window, right-click on the “Apple Software Update” and then click on “Uninstall“.
Apple Software Update package will be uninstalled from your computer.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.