There have been circulating many reports from several iPhone users that say the Live Text feature is not working on their iPhones at all. The Live Text feature is an excellent feature introduced by Apple where it detects text from pictures instantly and that lets you use the texts, and numbers to call, send text messages, etc.
Some of the reasons why this feature may not be working on your iPhone are explained below.
- iPhone model compatibility
- Live Text settings are not enabled
- The text is blurred for the device to detect
- The wrong region is selected on the iPhone
- Internal software bugs
Don’t worry at all if you are having this issue. This post explains how you can easily fix this issue with the help of a set of solutions given below.
Fix 1 – Turn On Live Text Settings on iPhone
Step 1: Go to the Settings page on your iPhone.
Step 2: After that, you have to tap on the General option.
Step 3: Then click on Language & Region as shown in the below image.
Step 4: At the bottom of the page, you will find the Live Text option.
Step 5: Please turn it on by tapping on its toggle switch to green as shown below.
Fix 2 – Enable Show Detected Text on iPhone
Step 1: Open the Settings app.
Step 2: Scroll down the list of the settings menu and click on Camera.
Step 3: Here, you have to tap on the Show Detected Text option’s toggle switch to turn it on as shown below.
Fix 3 – Set Correct Language on your iPhone
Step 1: Tap on the settings icon to go to the Settings page on your iPhone.
Step 2: Later, you need to tap on the General option.
Step 3: Then select Language & Region by clicking on it as shown in the below image.
Step 4: Here you have to check what languages are already added to the Preferred Languages section at the top.
Step 5: If there is no appropriate language that can detect the text, please click on the Add Language option as shown below.
Step 6: Follow the onscreen instructions to add the language.
Fix 4 – Force Close the App and Reopen it
Step 1: You have to unlock your iPhone and open the App Switcher first.
Step 2: To do so, swipe from the bottom left corner of your iPhone towards the right side.
Step 3: After you see the App Switcher on your iPhone, search for the Application that is unable to detect live text like the Camera app, etc.
Step 4: Swipe the app upward from the pile of applications running in the background.
Step 5: This force closes the application on your iPhone.
Step 6: Now go to the home screen and tap on the application icon to reopen it.
Once it gets opened, check whether the issue is fixed.
Fix 5 – Reset All Settings on your iPhone
When it looks like nothing has worked out in resolving this issue, you have to reset all settings on your iPhone. We highly recommend you reset your iPhone settings and it must resolve most of the issues caused because of changes in the iPhone settings.
- Restart the device – Some iPhone users managed to fix this issue by restarting their iPhones which clears any technical minor issues held within the iPhone. So try restarting the iPhone and see if this worked.
- Check your iPhone model – The Live Text feature works on iPhone XS, iPhone 11, and above models. So check your iPhone model and if it is older than iPhone XS, it is not going to work, unfortunately. You may have to upgrade your iPhone model.
- Check the text in the image is clear – For detecting the text from any pictures, or videos, the text needs to be very clear and bright. Therefore, please make sure that the text is not blurry, oily, not visible, etc. Also, the text size should not be very small.